Day 17 Camp 8/18/2014 Tweets, Articles, Photos, Videos | Syracusefan.com

Day 17 Camp 8/18/2014 Tweets, Articles, Photos, Videos

Nate Mink ‏@MinkNate 14m
Syracuse confirms freshman walk-on punter Evan Jakubowski has left the football program.

The pay side (and everyone who read last Thursday's Camp Thread) already knew that. ;)

It's a minor thing, but I wish the PS or somebody would elaborate as to why he left.

Eric White ‏@EricWhiteCuse 46s
My prized possession #CUSE14 #FirstClass #Family

BvVE5ReIEAAG92y.jpg

Full_Rebar said:
I really hope the Nova game is sold out since SU Athletics is spending time on Otto's Twitter.

What!? No offense but setting up an account and having your intern post some things is exactly the kind of thing a big athletic dept should do. Hit it on all fronts.

It's not taking away from game day promotions. Any issues there are bigger than a twitter account activation.

It's a minor thing, but I wish the PS or somebody would elaborate as to why he left.

Oh no, not another back-and-forth thread on whether we should be interested in this type of info:eek:

What!? No offense but setting up an account and having your intern post some things is exactly the kind of thing a big athletic dept should do. Hit it on all fronts.

It's not taking away from game day promotions. Any issues there are bigger than a twitter account activation.

Go to Cuse right now and tell me that it's being used to promote next week's opener in any way.

Full_Rebar said:
Go to Cuse right now and tell me that it's being used to promote next week's opener in any way.

Fair point. I stand corrected.

Fair point. I stand corrected.

No offense directed your way and I didn't mean for it to come across that way. It just annoys me that they keep repeating the same tactics despite the results. Like everyone here, I want this program to be successful and that getting people excited is an important step.

I appreciate what Dan is trying to do (and what Jason was trying as well), but the fact that it seems that the SUAD can't get on the same page is frustrating.

Head coach Scott Shafer is expected to address the reasoning behind Jakubowski's departure following practice Monday evening.

A little optimistic. Think it'll be that following Monday after beating a 3-0 ND at the Meadowlands.

Have to take media bias into account. Similar to playing SEC teams, opponents get inflated rankings the week prior to facing Notre Dame so they can later talk about how many top 25 teams they've played. We'll come in ranked ~23rd, win, and be ranked in the high teens the following week heading into L'ville. We'll beat them and be ranked ~15th heading into the FSU game so they can sell the #1 vs #15 matchup all week.

Have to take media bias into account. Similar to playing SEC teams, opponents get inflated rankings the week prior to facing Notre Dame so they can later talk about how many top 25 teams they've played. We'll come in ranked ~23rd, win, and be ranked in the high teens the following week heading into L'ville. We'll beat them and be ranked ~15th heading into the FSU game so they can sell the #1 vs #15 matchup all week.
From your lips to Corso's ears.

@Stephen_Bailey1
Walk-on CB Alex Schoen has left the program, Syracuse confirms. Walk-on punter Evan Jakubowski's departure was reported earlier today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom