Day Ten Spring Practice: Tues. April 11, 2017 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Day Ten Spring Practice: Tues. April 11, 2017

It’s obviously very brief and doesn’t tell us anything, but he’s built way better than I thought he would be and in the first clip gives two subtle wiggles where he bounces out left and the second wiggle he cuts back right and shows a little burst. He looks natural and fluid. I’m also remembering his high school videotape and putting the two together (which maybe biases me). He’s smooth though. When I watch Strick I don’t see that wiggle however subtle. Yes, it’s brief and mostly nothing but there’s just something about it I liked.

Maybe it's just hopeful thinking on my part that Perk runs away with his opportunity.
Oh, I completely agree. I was just keeping the conversation going. Hope Perkins can make it happen. As I said, I'm right there with you. He looks like a more natural back than even Strick

Oh, I completely agree. I was just keeping the conversation going. Hope Perkins can make it happen. As I said, I'm right there with you. He looks like a more natural back than even Strick

I didn't pick it up the first time through but he also runs the ball at the :31 second mark.

The coaches have raised the intensity of practices.

We are being very physical.

What we are seeing is reminiscent of Marrone's first spring.

The coaches have raised the intensity of practices.

We are being very physical.

What we are seeing is reminiscent of Marrone's first spring.

Great point, was thinking the same thing. Love the fact the staff has demanded a better understanding of the systems thus, allowing them to play better, harder, and faster. Less thinking.

if the offense just maintains but they D takes a step forward we will be a better team, but if they both get better who knows what can happen.

which one is that and why do you think that one will ball out?

The 6'3 sophomore WR. He's got the tools. Just seems like his catching is not consistent yet. Sprinting background, which suggests he could stretch the field and find some 1v1 chances.

Catching is correctable hopefully he is catching 500 balls a day on the jugs machine that's what the best WRs do ,

which one is that and why do you think that one will ball out?
The wide receiver. I think he has the physical tools. The coaches liked him enough to get him in ahead of some veteran players last season as a true freshman This offense creates opportunities down the field for 1 v 1 and I think Butler can really take advantage of those situations.

It's not about the staff with catching it's all reps , staff can teach route running , reads , blocking but not catching , drop balls happen just have to put in the extra work , the lonely work when nobody's watching

It's not about the staff with catching it's all reps , staff can teach route running , reads , blocking but not catching , drop balls happen just have to put in the extra work , the lonely work when nobody's watching
I disagree slightly. Proper training and technique can also help with drops. Dont forget Butler is new to the wide receiver position. But I agree the biggest improvement comes when no one else is looking.