Class of 2015 - DB Andrew Spence (FL) Decommitted SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DB Andrew Spence (FL) Decommitted SYRACUSE

Wonderful...now to hold on to him and get that signature in February.

Coincidence this came now or was Spence the 'next man (db) up' ?

Look at the date of the reported offer, feb 17. Clearly an alist kid.

PhatOrange said:
Coincidence this came now or was Spence the 'next man (db) up' ?

Look at the date of the reported offer, feb 17. Clearly an alist kid.

I don't know id have to go with coincidence based on the tape and offer date like you said but it is a nice reminder to Mr Davis either way. Id take both in a heartbeat and I imagine the staff would aswell.

Welcome Andrew you're going to look good in ORANGE.

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/2014/03/in-the-huddle-andrew-spence-coral-gables/

1932491_378412495631977_587990254_n-610x400.jpg

PLAYER: Andrew Spence
CLASS: 2015
POSITION: DB
SCHOOL: Coral Gables
HEIGHT: 6-1
WEIGHT: 195
SCOUTING: While many just discovered his talents in the off season, we were fortunate enough to watch him over two years ago, noticing that this is not your ordinary defensive back. Spence is indeed a difference maker. He’s a very quick and athletic prospect who not only can cover as well as any in the class, but he is a very physical football talent who will separate a receiver from the ball.
CRYSTAL BALL: Now, every college in the country realizes just who he is after checking out our Class of 2015 Top 100 – where he made his debut last month.

With the way we've been putting 2-3 star defensive prospects into the NFL lately, I can't even imagine what we could turn a blue chip prospect into.

Last edited:
"He's very physical, has long arms, and good speed," David Cooney, his position coach,told Rivals in February. "He's a big time corner prospect that nobody's heard much about. I think he has the ability to play in the SEC, we just need to get his name out there more."

No need to get Andrew's name out anywhere, Coach. He has a home!

Davis didn't start getting those offers until after he committed.

Give it time, maybe Spence will blow up and he can decommit too ;)
Agreed, since OCGM joined the staff we've seemed to jump on kids earlier on than ever before. A couple good examples are Davis, Chris Clark, Zaire, etc. It's a big things for recruits to get their first BCS offer. It has more of a pull than you'd think.

"He's very physical, has long arms, and good speed," David Cooney, his position coach,told Rivals in February. "He's a big time corner prospect that nobody's heard much about. I think he has the ability to play in the SEC, we just need to get his name out there more."

No need to get Andrew's name out anywhere, Coach. He has a home!

For those of you that follow recruiting way more than myself. With the statement made by his coach. What are the chances that we are being used by some of theses kids to get their names out there?

Our coaches obviously know how to evaluate talent. I'm certain that amongst the coaching ranks other schools are familiar with that as well. I would imagine instead, some of these football factory schools focus on blue chips but when they don't pan out they come knocking to some of our offers because they know where and how we recruit.

From that article:

Such is the power of GMac's recruiting abilities.

This is not uncommon with Florida kids, no matter the school and we've received numerous fl commits before with no visit. I don't see it as a big deal.

With the way we've been putting 2-3 star defensive prospects into the NFL lately, I can't even imagine what we could turn a blue chip prospect into.

While Miami has 4/5 star kids and they turn that into a 7 maybe an 8 win season. I get staying around home to play but if these kids start going to Syracuse with the staff SU has, wow this is going to challenge FSU and Clemson in no time along with what you wrote... put a lot of kids in the NFL. Oh and this as well...get that degree too.

While Miami has 4/5 star kids and they turn that into a 7 maybe an 8 win season. I get staying around home to play but if these kids start going to Syracuse with the staff SU has, wow this is going to challenge FSU and Clemson in no time along with what you wrote... put a lot of kids in the NFL. Oh and this as well...get that degree too.
That would be a dream

This is not uncommon with Florida kids, no matter the school and we've received numerous fl commits before with no visit. I don't see it as a big deal.

other schools do it all the time. in a lot of cases it's just not feasible for So Florida kids to visit northern schools.

Indiana, UAB, South Alabama vs Davis' offers.

Hardly makes up for it.

Not saying the kid isn't worth taking, but it's not an even trade.

From today's story it sounds like academics are the reason for the lack of offers. Let's hope Spence buckles down and makes it a non-issue come signing day.

Indiana, UAB, South Alabama vs Davis' offers.

Hardly makes up for it.

Not saying the kid isn't worth taking, but it's not an even trade.

But weren't Davis's offers from teams of a similar stature at first? Then the offers came from 'Bama, et al, and he's exploring a little and the brain surgeons at the scouting centers gave him a bigger "thumbs up." I have no doubt the big name programs will come into the picture to try to scoop Spence up as well.

SFHSSports‏@SFHSSports 2h
BREAKING: Countdown To Kickoff - Class of 2014 Top 75 Rankings http://sfhighschoolsports.com/?p=12937

As our 2014 Countdown To Kickoff begins, here are the top 75 Class of 2015 seniors to start the season out...South Forida...

19. Gerald Robinson, DB, 5-11, 175, Hialeah Champagnat Catholic

53. Colin Byrne, OL, 6-5, 295, Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas

66. Andrew Spence, DB, 6, 2, 190, Coral Gables

72. Doyle Grimes, LB, 6-2, 200, South Dade

SFHSSports‏@SFHSSports 2h
BREAKING: Countdown To Kickoff - Class of 2014 Top 75 Rankings http://sfhighschoolsports.com/?p=12937

As our 2014 Countdown To Kickoff begins, here are the top 75 Class of 2015 seniors to start the season out...South Forida...

19. Gerald Robinson, DB, 5-11, 175, Hialeah Champagnat Catholic

53. Colin Byrne, OL, 6-5, 295, Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas

66. Andrew Spence, DB, 6, 2, 190, Coral Gables

72. Doyle Grimes, LB, 6-2, 200, South Dade

No Clausmann ... very interesting.

I was reviewing the commit list and realized that he hasn't tweeted anything since August. Anyone hear anything about Spence?

Senior video, not much here. From what I can see his size is a big factor. He does a great job jamming his player at the line and seems to always have his eyes on the ball. Often this year, there were times when our players had great coverage just didn't get their head turned. As a former DB you are taught early on to run with the receiver and watch the waste and eyes. When your receiver turns and looks you turn and look as he/you are going to be making a play on the ball. He does look a little stiff and needs to work on his hip movements.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3314147/highlights/168374378