Class of 2016 - DB Cycoby Burch (FL) Verbal to UMass | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Cycoby Burch (FL) Verbal to UMass

Marked up based on the latest depth chart. I don't know if anyone is going to leave, but as it stands now every one of those guys is on the 2-deep. Not going to expect that any of them will depart.
Lets see how many are in play after LSU, I feel there will be some changes made after we finally play a good team, and they know which players can actually compete at that level.

Marked up based on the latest depth chart. I don't know if anyone is going to leave, but as it stands now every one of those guys is on the 2-deep. Not going to expect that any of them will depart.

I was specifically thinking Morris, Lewis and Emerich.

I was specifically thinking Morris, Lewis and Emerich.
If Fredericks or Strickland pass Morris on the depth chart, I could see him departing. Same with Lewis if it looks like Moe Neal or someone similar is likely to get the nod as true freshman. Emerich I think would stick around, unless he is on the 2-deep by body count alone. The other guy I think of is Arciniega, if he can't stay healthy. Not hoping that any of this happens, thought experiment only.

Wayne Morgan
Luke Arciniega
Ron Thompson
George Morris
Devante McFarlane
Omari Palmer
Jason Emerich
Alvin Cornelius
Ben Lewis
Josh Parris

you guys are crazy. 5 or 6 of that list? Wayne Morgan ? they just applied and won a 5th year for him. If he's not here it's his own doing; same with every other kid on the list. They'll all be asked back. They're all on the two deep and personally I'll roll the dice with seniors over incoming frosh every day of the week.

It was the same crap last year and even Sloan was invited back.

If Fredericks or Strickland pass Morris on the depth chart, I could see him departing. Same with Lewis if it looks like Moe Neal or someone similar is likely to get the nod as true freshman. Emerich I think would stick around, unless he is on the 2-deep by body count alone. The other guy I think of is Arciniega, if he can't stay healthy. Not hoping that any of this happens, thought experiment only.

Except Lewis isn't going to know ahead of time if Neal will pass him on the depth chart.

Things people aren’t considering are the leadership qualities (that coaches like) of these kids, so you have a player like Ben Lewis who gets jumped but he’s a program kid. Plus these kids if they have a chance to win an ACC Championship or go to a good bowl game I think most would stay for that experience.

For all Arcineaga has been through there’s just no way he’ll leave before he’s done.

With what has transpired in the past couple weeks, can't take a chance on anymore grade problems unless the player is a Washington type, who can help change the program.

With what has transpired in the past couple weeks, can't take a chance on anymore grade problems unless the player is a Washington type, who can help change the program.

I think we can afford to use a scholarship or two each year on risk kids. quite frankly we took 4 risks this year and i believe 3 panned out.

So we're looking at this kid and he's going to commit Friday without having visited any schools in his top 4 besides usf. Clarke commits and we tell him hold up we want you to visit first, but we'll take a commit from this kid before he visits? Just seems odd to tell one kid we want you to visit before you commit and they tell the other kid hey well let you commit without visiting.

Also it's not like there's a huge discrepancy between the two where one is 5* and one is 3*. They both have almost the same measurables.

So we're looking at this kid and he's going to commit Friday without having visited any schools in his top 4 besides usf. Clarke commits and we tell him hold up we want you to visit first, but we'll take a commit from this kid before he visits? Just seems odd to tell one kid we want you to visit before you commit and they tell the other kid hey well let you commit without visiting.

Also it's not like there's a huge discrepancy between the two where one is 5* and one is 3*. They both have almost the same measurables.
The staff may have evaluated them to be worlds apart.

The staff may have evaluated them to be worlds apart.
I think we've seen that in person evaluations are huge for this staff. If we've seen what burch has that may be enough. I'm fairly confident we haven't seen what Clarke can do for us in person yet

JrodCuse said:
So we're looking at this kid and he's going to commit Friday without having visited any schools in his top 4 besides usf. Clarke commits and we tell him hold up we want you to visit first, but we'll take a commit from this kid before he visits? Just seems odd to tell one kid we want you to visit before you commit and they tell the other kid hey well let you commit without visiting. Also it's not like there's a huge discrepancy between the two where one is 5* and one is 3*. They both have almost the same measurables.

In other words "Read the writing on the wall".

Still think it's either WVU or USF, but I'm glad he's taking his officials first.

Still think it's either WVU or USF, but I'm glad he's taking his officials first.

Any thoughts that SU put a bug in his ear about visiting first, particularly after what happened to the other recruit a few weeks ago?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom