Class of 2021 - DB Darian Chestnut (NJ) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DB Darian Chestnut (NJ) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your reeling me into a total nonsense back and forth lol.
The fact that you know that I like a kid who was 1 star DT totally disproves your post about me only being a stars guy! Doesn't it??? Lmao. Let it go man just be happy we are on the verge of getting the type recruit I want.
What it actually proves is that you don't know what the hell you're talking about, and that your talent evaluation sucks -- like most fans who don't recruit professionally.

and there's nothing wrong with that, except when posters start to pretend that they actually know what they're talking about when clearly they don't.

What it actually proves is that you don't know what the hell you're talking about, and that your talent evaluation sucks -- like most fans who don't recruit professionally.

and there's nothing wrong with that, except when posters start to pretend that they actually know what they're talking about when clearly they don't.

With all due respect if you think our recruiting has been good overall YOU dont have a clue friend. But here is a question I imagine you will duck. If our recruiting has been so good why did we go 2-7 vs P5 teams last year?

With all due respect if you think our recruiting has been good overall YOU dont have a clue friend. But here is a question I imagine you will duck. If our recruiting has been so good why did we go 2-7 vs P5 teams last year?
Easy, because our offensive line imploded after a key early injury, and Devito was inexperienced and not ready for the heat that ensued.

we return four starters on the offensive line, and DeVito will be better for having been thrown to the wolves. Too bad our original schedule isn't what will actually play, because this would be a guaranteed bowl year if it were.

REALLY!!! Its funny. As a Syracuse alumn there is pretty much nothing I have ever liked about Rutgers except Schiano putting full court press on local top recruits. I pay a lot to attend Syracuse games and functions. Watching low P5 teams like Pitt and Maryland drop60 or 70 points on us as if we are a low MAC team is incredibly painful. Low P5 teams like BC running for 400, 500yds on us as if we are a Sun Belt team smh. If we recruit MAC and AAC level players and only win 2 or 3 of 8 P5 games in a season, I am man enough to admit we aren't good and demand better.

If we recruit like a ACC team and get ACC level recruits like Chestnut I am man enough to admit I am happy with the recruit. I am very happy and excited about the prospect of adding Chestnut. Its called being honest. There are A LOT of people on here that will say that a kid who never even played football in high school will be all ACC if he commits to Syracuse. "I trust the coaches" is what they say. Same people will say a 4star who picks Penn ST or Mich is overrated because he didn't come to us, or the old go to "we never really had a shot" lol. Thats not me. Lets just all be honest in our recruiting especially since we see it playing out on the field. Lets hope that Duce gives us a "nonbinding verbal" tomorrow and eventually. signs. Again the recruit is ours once he is signed. LETS GO ORANGE!!!
You think being overly critical makes you a super fan lol. Having high expectations for your team doesn’t make you a more committed or loyal fan. It just makes you miserable. We all have expectations but we all know where the teams has stood the last 15 years. if you don’t like people being optimistic then why come on this board? Makes no sense to put yourself through so much torture of being around fans that try to have a positive outlook. You can say what you want. I don’t believe you are a alum or a SU fan.

Easy, because our offensive line imploded after a key early injury, and Devito was inexperienced and not ready for the heat that ensued.

we return four starters on the offensive line, and DeVito will be better for having been thrown to the wolves. Too bad our original schedule isn't what will actually play, because this would be a guaranteed bowl year if it were.
Louisville dropped 58 on us MD dropped like 66 or something I stopped looking at the score in the 2nd quarter. And Boston college ran for literally like 500 yds. Devito and the O-line had very little to do with those historically bad (Sun Belt type team) defensive performances. Our talent wasn't on par PERIOD with the P5 teams we play.

D Chestnut is the type of player we should be winning 6 or 7 times per cycle. Here is what I know. He is the highest rated player HCDB has ever won. Its easier from here. Lets get this kid and 4 or 5 more.

You think being overly critical makes you a super fan lol. Having high expectations for your team doesn’t make you a more committed or loyal fan. It just makes you miserable. We all have expectations but we all know where the teams has stood the last 15 years. if you don’t like people being optimistic then why come on this board? Makes no sense to put yourself through so much torture of being around fans that try to have a positive outlook. You can say what you want. I don’t believe you are a alum or a SU fan.
Hey Money3189. How you doing? Good good. Great chatting talk to you later

Louisville dropped 58 on us MD dropped like 66 or something I stopped looking at the score in the 2nd quarter. And Boston college ran for literally like 500 yds. Devito and the O-line had very little to do with those historically bad (Sun Belt type team) performances. Our talent wasn't on par PERIOD with the P5 teams we play.

D Chestnut is the type of player we should be winning 6 or 7 times per cycle. Here is what I know. He is the highest rated player HCDB has ever won. Its easier from here. Lets get this kid and 4 or 5 more.
It 100% had everything to do with the offensive line, perhaps if we could have sustained drives, we wouldn't have allowed those teams to rack up those types of scores. maybe if we could have protected our inexperienced quarterback -- you know, the one rated the type of stars that you're clamoring for-- we would have been able to move the sticks and rack up more points, like the year before.

Last year's drop off was predictable, but it shouldn't have been that steep. It totally sucked, and even so we came within a game of bowl eligibility. Maybe if we hadn't been so bad out of the gate with a porous offensive line, things might have been different.

It 100% had everything to do with the offensive line, perhaps if we could have sustained drives, we wouldn't have allowed those teams to rack up those types of scores. maybe if we could have protected our inexperienced quarterback -- you know, the one rated the type of stars that you're clamoring for-- we would have been able to match them on the

Last year's drop off was predictable, but it shouldn't have been that steep. It totally sucked, and even so we came within a game of bowl eligibility. Maybe if we hadn't been so bad out of the gate with a porous offensive line, things might have been different.
RF2044 you make some good points. But again I think it was A LOT more than just the O-line. Let me ask you. How many O-line didnt play vs MD week 2?

You get washed in every argument you try to start, get banned, come back, do the same thing, and nothing changes. Everyone wants better recruits. But you're a broken record and also wrong about most of the things you post.

RF2044 you make some good points. But again I think it was A LOT more than just the O-line. Let me ask you. How many O-line didnt play vs MD week 2?
one key one, which caused a keyl player (iwho was our best offensive lineman) to have to play out of position, and a second player to have to play another position that was optimized. So it had an important cascade effect.

You get washed in every argument you try to start, get banned, come back, do the same thing, and nothing changes. Everyone wants better recruits. But you're a broken record and also wrong about most of the things you post.
Thats a opinion, your point of view. But lets take it apart.
First- I didn't start a argument. All of my posts were about getting Chestnut and praise of him.
Second- OF COURSE everybody wants better recruits. We did it the MAC way and it hasnt and wont work.
Third- Its not that I am wrong because I dont just blindly accept historically bad performances like your "group". Surprisingly this forum has plenty that dont agree with your group and the "all is well going 2-7 vs our P5 peers". Every recruit is "great because the coaches think so" Those type comments look worse since HCDB got rid of some of those coaches just last year and brought in new ones. A lot of people on here agree but are just scared of you guys triple teaming them like your trying to do to me now and shutting them down. Or perhaps they have the insight to not get into these stupid back and forths that you three have me in now. But I am not scared of you folks. I wont back down. So i will point out whats bad and ideas on how to improve. No I am not a proffessional scout, but I watch tons of live high school football games. I have friends that are college recruiters and a couple involved with the more technical aspect of scouting. So if I hear something or see a kid I will share. Thats what fans do!!!

Ok so for the 5th time can we go back to Chestnut. I say he's a great recruit. What say you?

Last edited:
I am not really high on Benson. He had a great game vs I think a team named Liberty. I want to say he had 10 or 11 catches all year. Again the big game was vs Liberty.

Listen i really hope any and all of the Benson type recruits on this team are MUCH better than I think. Here is something you can put in the Benson thread for us to argue about next year. ** I think we have 2 guys that are going to push him next year. But again this thread is about Chestnut. lets focus on him in this thread.

Do you think Chestnut would get a lot of playing time as a true Freshman
Stats for Benson against Liberty: Zero catches. Zero Yards. Zero Touchdowns. Check it out:

He scored touchdowns against Holy Cross (probably the game you're thinking of), Duke and Wake Forest. Don't look now, but that would 2 out of 3 against Power 5, conference opponents.

As for Chestnut. Great recruit. I'll be super happy if/when he picks Cuse.

Darian Chestnut. Take the other arguments to the main board where they will get more traction.

Any further replies (whether they have reached this warning or not) will be deleted.

Thank you.
Amen!!! Thank you! Chestnut is hopefully the first domino for us. I think he will open the eyes to a few other NJ/NY recruits we are in on. Lets go Orange!

I find it curious that while I praise a recruit like Chestnut for being everything we should want and hopefully land. People bring up other recruits instead of discussing Chestnut. Weird!!

Get him on the phone HCDB close the deal!

I find it curious that while I praise a recruit like Chestnut for being everything we should want and hopefully land. People bring up other recruits instead of discussing Chestnut. Weird!!

Get him on the phone HCDB close the deal!
Because you take digs on SU recruiting ever change you get. "Lets get that 5 star recruit or else" then you throw in a occasional "you make a good point" and "lets go orange" to make people think you are a fan when you really aren't. We all know chestnut is a lean so you can stop the phony "hope we get him" stuff.

Darian Chestnut. Take the other arguments to the main board where they will get more traction.

Any further replies (whether they have reached this warning or not) will be deleted.

Thank you.
1596377833871.jpeg

No, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online