Class of 2022 - DB Greg Delaine, Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/2/22) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DB Greg Delaine, Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/2/22)

Worth saying again: sending kids to the NFL means everything
Cant Believe It Bbc GIF by The First Team

Delaine mention (under the radar FL prospect.) These guys were also bullish on the WR I wanted Julian Lewis who picked Tech. Trade I guess.

Martin: I’m going to stay local here. Greg Delaine, who is “committed” to Georgia Tech. I think a lot of teams should be trying to steal him away from the Yellow Jackets. Delaine is a lengthy defensive back, has good technique and he's definitely a ball hawk. He’s capable of playing both ways, but I view him as a defensive back. He can give a program some help in the secondary and is one of the better prospects available for next week.

6-1 170 pounds

Nice offer list.

The secondary is loaded with athletes -- and the kids we've added to the pipeline this offseason will provide both some immediate help, and some quality athletes for down the road.

Looks like he has some skills on the offensive side of the ball too. Gotta love athletic players that can translate to both sides of the ball.

Greg, Welcome to Cuse Football Rising!​

Last edited:
This commitment is so very exciting for me personally as I now live in Naples, Fl. about 45 minutes south of Ft. Myers and there is so much talent in this area, that often does not get recruited due to it’s location in SW Florida though the Ft. Myers airport is the fastest growing in the U.S.

Thought the video mostly focused on him playing offense. Not a great job showcasing what he can do at CB. The one takeaway I have is that when he makes a catch, he gets up to full speed fast and is fast as hell. Checked for track times and only found long jump numbers.

It has been a while since we got someone from Fort Myers. Good to get back into that area. Nice work Chip!

Thought the video mostly focused on him playing offense. Not a great job showcasing what he can do at CB. The one takeaway I have is that when he makes a catch, he gets up to full speed fast and is fast as hell. Checked for track times and only found long jump numbers.

It has been a while since we got someone from Fort Myers. Good to get back into that area. Nice work Chip!
Tom,
There is loads of talent and speed in SW Florida!
Often they are under recruited.

As much credit as we give Swag Daddy,

I think we really need to give Chip West a hand in getting this kid here. According to 247 he was the primary recruiter and he has done wonders for us as the cornerbacks coach, he has a proven track record for recruiting, especially out of Virginia and the Southeast. 2 years on and every starting cornerback in his room has earned some sort of All ACC honors and he has a draft pick to show for it. I salute you, Coach West!