Class of 2024 - DB Ibn McDaniels (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/13/24) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Ibn McDaniels (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/13/24)

I guess my question was really about unranked players. Since there are only two in all of the ACC recruiting classes, are P4 teams simply not taking a chance on unranked kids anymore? I know it was always a team taking a flier here and there. Have recruiting services completely flooded the market now? And virtually no kids are unseen? Or has the portal reduced teams’ willingness to take a chance on an unranked HS kid when they can get a transfer instead?
It's the portal. It has totally changed the dynamics of HS recruiting. Schools are more likely to recruit a portal player than take a chance on a HS kid.

Why are you replying to me? Your post has zero relevance to anything I said. I said the kid was a take and I trust any player Fran brings in. Weird post.
Sorry. It wasn't meant for your post

As recruiting articles go, this one was comprehensive and insightful.
Excited for the young man and SU. He appears to be the very definition (IMO) of an under the radar athlete, not just someone we're taking a flyer on.

From the article: "On offense, he caught 44 passes for 744 yards and eight touchdowns."

A positive portent? Make of it what you will.

This is not a knock on Ibn at all. Glad we have him. It’s more a comment on rating services and recruiting.

But 24 7 has SU’s HS recruiting ranking as #8 in the ACC. We are the only school in the top 10 with a player/recruit who is unranked. (Cal also has one. The only other one in the ACC.)
Who cares?

This is not a knock on Ibn at all. Glad we have him. It’s more a comment on rating services and recruiting.

But 24 7 has SU’s HS recruiting ranking as #8 in the ACC. We are the only school in the top 10 with a player/recruit who is unranked. (Cal also has one. The only other one in the ACC.)
At this point, he'd have been in a five way tie for as our second highest rated recruit in 2023 class.

Who cares?
663F7E5E-B347-4EFD-B55E-927B193DA02F.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom