Class of 2024 - DB Ibn McDaniels (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/13/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Ibn McDaniels (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/13/24)

It will be a little disappointing if we can't get one of the other high profile kids we were looking at but I really like this kids highlights. 6'-3" and 195 lbs is legit. Looks like a very good fluid athlete at that size as well. Could certainly play safety with that size and athleticism but seems like he may have the cover skills to play CB also. I could see him being recruited for the STAR position as well that Barron will most likely be playing. Wondering why he was so under the radar. He has very nice stats for 2023 but not sure how he did previously. Maybe he had a late growth spurt? Hid hudl doesn't have anything before 2023.

Last edited:
According to his Max Preps it looks like he only played 5 games as a junior.

Ibn Mcdaniels' High School Football Stats

1704737476971.png

1704737489102.png

Last edited:
If those are accurate measurables, he's worth the visit (has a winsome chiseled face like Garrett Williams).

crop
X436HA1A

Last edited:
I was looking for information on McDaniels on 247 and found nothing on him. But, I did notice that the three NJ recruits that left the program:

Ranked #29 Zekai Wimberly - Three Star (85)
Ranked #30 Trashon Dye - Three Star (85)
Ranked #32 Travon Dye - Three Star (84)

were all ranked higher in NJ than:

Ranked #37 Braheem Long - Three Star (84)
Ranked #51 Fatim Diggs - Three Star (80)
Unranked Ibn McDaniels - Not in database

Just an observation.

I was looking for information on McDaniels on 247 and found nothing on him. But, I did notice that the three NJ recruits that left the program:

Ranked #29 Zekai Wimberly - Three Star (85)
Ranked #30 Trashon Dye - Three Star (85)
Ranked #32 Travon Dye - Three Star (84)

were all ranked higher in NJ than:

Ranked #37 Braheem Long - Three Star (84)
Ranked #51 Fatim Diggs - Three Star (80)
Unranked Ibn McDaniels - Not in database

Just an observation.
Wimberly is headed to URI and the Dyes haven’t committed anywhere else yet. And NJ grades at 2-4-7 are based on Dohn’s work which is always, to be nice, questionable.

Diggs and Long had much better offers than either of those 3 so I’m not sure why they were so far down compared to them.

McDaniels is definitely a flyer which I’m fine with but I’d feel a lot more comfortable if we added one of the higher profile transfer CB’s and someone like him can just be a frosh flyer.

It will be a little disappointing if we can't get one of the other high profile kids we were looking at but I really like this kids highlights. 6'-3" and 195 lbs is legit. Looks like a very good fluid athlete at that size as well. Could certainly play safety with that size and athleticism but seems like he may have the cover skills to play CB also. I could see him being recruited for the STAR position as well that Barron will most likely be playing. Wondering why he was so under the radar. He has very nice stats for 2023 but not sure how he did previously. Maybe he had a late growth spurt? Hid hudl doesn't have anything before 2023.

This kid definitely looks like an under-the-radar player... and with no recruiting profile on the sites means he's likely not getting the visibility support he needs from coaches/3rd party talent evaluators...

I like that D-Thomas earmarked him and he's from his area of south Jersey.

Sidenote: Did Fran keep Dennis Thomas?? He's still listed on the staff page, tho not sure how accurate the keep the support staff hires:

This kid definitely looks like an under-the-radar player... and with no recruiting profile on the sites means he's likely not getting the visibility support he needs from coaches/3rd party talent evaluators...

Sidenote: Did Fran keep Dennis Thomas?? He's still listed on the staff page, tho not sure how accurate the keep the support staff hires:

I think he is still on staff.

Even when we had our 90's Renaissance where we were having some pretty legit recruiting classes, there were always a few under the radar flyer kids as part of every class. I enjoy that because it's fun to see some of these kids really excel. But I still think we need another start ready CB ideally so hopefully we still have a shot at Harris or Chappell.

I think he is still on staff.

Even when we had our 90's Renaissance where we were having some pretty legit recruiting classes, there were always a few under the radar flyer kids as part of every class. I enjoy that because it's fun to see some of these kids really excel. But I still think we need another start ready CB ideally so hopefully we still have a shot at Harris or Chappell.
According to one recruiting NCSA, also bench-235, squat-475, add that to 4.4 speed and 40 inch vertical. A lot for Fran to work with on either side of the ball.

Elizabeth isn't South Jersey, it's North.

How do you pronounce his first name without a vowel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom