Class of 2019 - DB Jason Simmons Jr (TX / New Mex St) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (2/27/21) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DB Jason Simmons Jr (TX / New Mex St) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (2/27/21)

DC7ED35F-0007-47E2-8813-C9E2FD337FA1.jpeg

Would love to know more about his story. His tape is impressive. How did he end up out there?

Nice swag
Is he immediately eligible, or does he have to be approved by NCAA?

Also same question re: Sharader, does also have to be approved by NCAA or is he immediately eligible?

Also same question re: Sharader, does also have to be approved by NCAA or is he immediately eligible?
I believe where things stand now they would need to be approved.

Unless it's a Grad Transfer all other transfers have to sit.

NCAA hurry up and pass immediate eligibility for all these kids.
Coming off the Covid year, one would think they would be pretty lenient.

That said, given that last season they allowed everyone to maintain a year of eligibility, I would have thought every transfer would be immediately eligible since it wouldn't have affected anything, but they didn't approve Bleich, so...

Considering NMSt didn’t even play this year, I have to think the NCAA would grant immediate eligibility. I mean would they really punish the kid and make him sit another year as a result of COVID? Even with a Syracuse guy that seems extreme.

Nice job by the staff. Lots of important players returning, very strong Feb recruiting add what looks to be 2 very strong hires and next season is looking good.

Coming off the Covid year, one would think they would be pretty lenient.

That said, given that last season they allowed everyone to maintain a year of eligibility, I would have thought every transfer would be immediately eligible since it wouldn't have affected anything, but they didn't approve Bleich, so...
Just don't rationalize the transfer with anything negative about the previous school and he will be approved. That's what derailed Bleich.