Class of 2024 - DB Kevyn Humes (MD) Committed to Maryland | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Kevyn Humes (MD) Committed to Maryland

No shock but still... bummer
Screenshot_20240131_101725_X.jpg

Bummer.
So at CB we have Isaiah Johnson leaving to graduation, Jermiah Wilson and Quan Peterson portaling. So 3 leaving.
We add Deuce again which helps but I could see him more in the nickel role. Were bringing in Ibn McDaniels and Brahim Long as Freshman. We found out Devin Grant will be coming in as a CB. So that is 3 or 4 adds depending on where Deuce plays. Its not a must but I still think it would be nice to bring in another CB. Not sure it will happen though.

Bummer.
So at CB we have Isaiah Johnson leaving to graduation, Jermiah Wilson and Quan Peterson portaling. So 3 leaving.
We add Deuce again which helps but I could see him more in the nickel role. Were bringing in Ibn McDaniels and Brahim Long as Freshman. We found out Devin Grant will be coming in as a CB. So that is 3 or 4 adds depending on where Deuce plays. Its not a must but I still think it would be nice to bring in another CB. Not sure it will happen though.
Forgetting Barnes...

Forgetting Barnes...
and Haile. Listed as a DB, not sure where the staff will slot him. But you have him listed as a Jan. enrollee (appreciate your work on these R/O posts).

Forgetting Barnes...
Ahh yes I was forgetting Barnes. So we have 4 or 5 adds at corner with 3 significant departures which isn't bad. But of the 5 adds 3 are freshman, Grant is a transfer who has been playing safety and Chestnut may or not play at Corner. I guess I like the numbers added for future but seems like we are still a bit light on Corner ability for this current season. Barnes, Long and Grant are at Syracuse already to help them develop as Corners but it still seems like we are likely to have some growing pains. I think Deuce may need to stay at CB this year. But If he is still on the roster in 2025, as he will have one more year of eligibility, maybe he moves to a nickel type of roll then.

Ahh yes I was forgetting Barnes. So we have 4 or 5 adds at corner with 3 significant departures which isn't bad. But of the 5 adds 3 are freshman, Grant is a transfer who has been playing safety and Chestnut may or not play at Corner. I guess I like the numbers added for future but seems like we are still a bit light on Corner ability for this current season. Barnes, Long and Grant are at Syracuse already to help them develop as Corners but it still seems like we are likely to have some growing pains. I think Deuce may need to stay at CB this year. But If he is still on the roster in 2025, as he will have one more year of eligibility, maybe he moves to a nickel type of roll then.
Some quarterback pressure will make them all look better.

and Haile. Listed as a DB, not sure where the staff will slot him. But you have him listed as a Jan. enrollee (appreciate your work on these R/O posts).
Pretty sure it was stated Haile is coming in as a safety.

It stinks we didn't get Humes because that would basically have solidified the CB depth chart. Still must be looking then...

It really is a must to get 2 more. You can't expect or by default have freshmen to come in and start and play CB at a high level in the ACC for a really good team...If it happens it's gravy, Same with Grant in a new program and new position with rotation, redshirting and injuries we really need 2 more experienced and talented portal upperclassmen or our defense will be uneven in terms of talent and experience. And we all know what happens to a roster and record through a long tough ACC schedule.

It really is a must to get 2 more. You can't expect or by default have freshmen to come in and start and play CB at a high level in the ACC for a really good team...If it happens it's gravy, Same with Grant in a new program and new position with rotation, redshirting and injuries we really need 2 more experienced and talented portal upperclassmen or our defense will be uneven in terms of talent and experience. And we all know what happens to a roster and record through a long tough ACC schedule.
Pretty sure we could have a position change also

Pretty sure we could have a position change also
I will say , Barnes is more advanced than your typical freshman. I watched him in his Allstars game and I saw some plug and play this kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom