Class of 2024 - DB Kevyn Humes (MD) Committed to Maryland | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Kevyn Humes (MD) Committed to Maryland

Assuming nothing has changed. It sound like he's finalized his list down to those 6 and will now be taking those scheduled visits with Syracuse being first up. Then will sign on national signing day. Hoping this is the other CB we bring in. Maybe his visit goes so well he cancels the rest of his visits.

Syracuse 1/12
PSU 1/19
USC 1/22
ND 1/26
Florida 2/2
Maryland TBD
Not saying it can't happen...but I doubt he cancels those visits. This will be a fight down to the wire I'm thinking.

Not saying it can't happen...but I doubt he cancels those visits. This will be a fight down to the wire I'm thinking.
I don't think he's an early enrollee so I expect he'd take them all. If he had the option obviously that would put us in a pretty good position.

Hate being first. Even if he loves it, that is a lot of negative recruiting voices between our visit and his commitment.

Hate being first. Even if he loves it, that is a lot of negative recruiting voices between our visit and his commitment.
Counterpoint

If You Aint First Youre Last Will Ferrell GIF by StickerGiant

Player: Kevyn Humes
Position: Cornerback
Height/Weight: 5-11, 170 lbs
School: St. Frances Academy (MD)
Other Notable Offers: Auburn, Georgia Tech, Florida, Kentucky, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, USC, Wake Forest, Wisconsin
On3 Industry Average Ranking: 4-Star

first visit, last visit...I've never been able figure out if one is better than another. Being first means you set the bar. Being last you have to beat everyone who's come before you. If there's a school you're favoring before the visits even start that's a tough thing to overcome.

first visit, last visit...I've never been able figure out if one is better than another. Being first means you set the bar. Being last you have to beat everyone who's come before you. If there's a school you're favoring before the visits even start that's a tough thing to overcome.
It depends if they make it to the last visit. Kids often commit without completing all their visits

It depends if they make it to the last visit. Kids often commit without completing all their visits
Only problem with this player is 5-11, and 170. Can get stronger, but with all the tall receivers in the ACC he is at a disadvantage.

Only problem with this player is 5-11, and 170. Can get stronger, but with all the tall receivers in the ACC he is at a disadvantage.
Barnes is about the same size too.

Vertical can make up for a lot of that.

I wouldn't be all that concerned with his size. Nothing wrong with his height being a 5'-11" CB. Regarding his weight it is listed at 185 lbs on 247 so hard to know what he really is at the moment as these things don't always get updated. Unless he recently went to a big camp that each of these sites do and even then I doubt they always update the measurables. But 247's evaluation write up specifically mentions he's believed to be around 185 lbs. Plus he reclassified from 2025 to 2024 so I would think him adding weight is more likely. Doesn't look super skinny on his highlights.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be all that concerned with his size. Nothing wrong with his height being a 5'-11" CB. Regarding his weight it is listed at 185 lbs on 247 so hard to know what he really is at the moment as these things don't always get updated. Unless he recently went to a big camp that each of these sites do and even then I doubt they always update the measurables. But 247's evaluation write up specifically mentions he's believed to be around 185 lbs. Plus he reclassified from 2025 to 2024 so I would think him adding weight is more likely. Doesn't look super skinny on his highlights.
Totally agree. I will take an undersized corner who is in the right spot and willing to compete (aka Kevin Abrams and Antone Winfield) over the CB with a prototypical body who isn’t/doesn’t 100 times out of 100.

SUOrange44

I wonder which recruiter is the lead on this visit. I know Coach E. Rob. Is on the road recruiting. I bet it's HCFB since CBs it his fortae. Let's seal the deal. Make it happen.. GO Orange

He could still get taller with proper S&C. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom