Class of 2024 - DB Marcellus Barnes (TN) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/6/24) | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Marcellus Barnes (TN) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/6/24)

They always have to throw shade on a Syracuse positive...McCord...and now this. Why can't they put the positive spin on these things...Like great get for Syracuse, a program that is on the rise...Let's go Orange!!
It’s just that for over 20 yrs Syracuse turned into a mediocre and sometimes bad program, so this sudden resurgence and relevance is taking everyone by surprise. Doesn’t make the snide comments ok but I can see why. Let’s hope the play on the field blows people away too and the narrative gets flipped.
The Barnes announcement was great for the program and shows that people are paying attention.

1704567173325.gif

Syracuse recruit rankings just hit #41 at rvls. Without the downgrades of a few of our guys (Edwards, Williams, Hornsby) it's pushing top 30 over there.

View attachment 236214
247 In the ACC 3rd in transfers, 8th for High School, and 6th in overall..
That is the way to be competitive.
That's with 2 guys rated as 80 with multiple power 5 offers, which is a joke.

Syracuse recruit rankings just hit #41 at rvls. Without the downgrades of a few of our guys (Edwards, Williams, Hornsby) it's #26 over there; for those wondering if we can have a top 25 class.

View attachment 236214
They alluded to KingJoseph getting bumped back up in their final rankings. Don’t know if it will happen. But I keep grilling them on Twitter about it every chance I get.

There’s a direct flight from Chattanooga to Syracuse….. Must have confused Frans private jet ….. Seriously it’s so much fun to see us get a big commit on National TV ( even the f it was for show) Welcome Marcellus.

Recruiting rankings are also lazy. We keep getting classes like this we will be ranked much higher from the start based on exposure and momentum, not even the actual commits. My point is that if this exact class was three years in a row (same talent level) then we would be ranked top 25 by default not 41 or whatever. It’s almost all BS

Last edited: