Class of 2014 - DB Mcquell Cotton - Offer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DB Mcquell Cotton - Offer

There are cheap direct flights to Florida from all over the country, including from Syracuse. St. Louis, not so much. When St. Louis becomes a vacation hotspot, then it'll be worth it. Not to mention that S. Florida by itself produces 5x as many D-1 recruits as IL and MO combined and happens to be within our conference's footprint.

I've made my point and I'll drop it now. I think concentrating our efforts in the 6-hour radius and after that the Eastern Seaboard is a far better expenditure of the staff's time and available resources than chasing kids anywhere beyond OH.

I don't agree. Dawson and Moskal made it to campus, Roberts is coming this weekend. There is a lot of talent out here in Illinois and I am glad this staff is going after it. We should obviously do whatever we can to ramp up our efforts in NY, NJ, PA etc. but by no means should we ignore a good talent base like the one in IL with the Midwest connections we have on our staff.

I don't agree. Dawson and Moskal made it to campus, Roberts is coming this weekend. There is a lot of talent out here in Illinois and I am glad this staff is going after it. We should obviously do whatever we can to ramp up our efforts in NY, NJ, PA etc. but by no means should we ignore a good talent base like the one in IL with the Midwest connections we have on our staff.

East St Louis is a difference from Chicago though.. That area doesn't produce a ton of kids each year, and I don't know the situation, but I am sure it will be hard for a lot of them to get here unless they are taking an official visit. Last season worked out with Kimble and Winfield because it was late in the process, they didn't have any other bcs interest and it was after the season so they could take an official. I agree with Supp where the recruiting cycle is moving up, and being able to get kids on campus is going to be crucial. For some of them it just isn't possible. A kid is really going to want to come here in order to wait it out for an official visit. it worked out with Moskal, Dawson, and hopefully Roberts because we were able to get them on campus, but just look at the Sykes and Cotton situation. There whole recruitment could be different if they were able to visit. It's really going to be a roll of the dice depending on the prospect and their ability to foot a travel bill.

I agree with you about East St Louis, and agree with both you and Supp that with kids deciding earlier and earlier, they are having to pay their own way to see a school, so we have to be a compelling choice for them. Sykes and Cotton definitely have financial/family hardships that are making it tough. Like I said, by no means am I downplaying the importance of recruiting well in our own backyard, I just think we can balance our backyard with some strong Midwest recruiting (and FLA, GA etc). The best solution would be the geniuses at the NCAA allowing official visits earlier.

Cotton was asked on that ask.com thing last night when he was visiting Cuse. he said "next month". Clemson is the only home game next month, so if he actually does make it up, I would assume it would be for the one home game, and a huge one.

Cotton was asked on that ask.com thing last night when he was visiting Cuse. he said "next month". Clemson is the only home game next month, so if he actually does make it up, I would assume it would be for the one home game, and a huge one.

The staff is definitely trying to get all these kids in for the Clemson game.

read he uncommitted be nice to see him follow his illinois football brothers to cuse

nope did not see it on twitter seen it as i was on hudl site and thought he committed thanks for telling me different.

nope did not see it on twitter seen it as i was on hudl site and thought he committed thanks for telling me different.
Hudl is a video site there is nothing about commitments there...

Looks like Cotton is going to set up a visit. I heard an interview with him today, he is calling Coach Smith this week. He sounded really excited to come up. The ISU coach who was recruiting him got canned. If Rhodes backs off on him we are in the drivers seat for him

I never liked Cotton's film. It doesnt show cover skills or ball skills. Looks like a undersized LB. Plus we dont need another 5'8 safety. We already have 5'10 guys in williams and howard.

I never liked Cotton's film. It doesnt show cover skills or ball skills. Looks like a undersized LB. Plus we dont need another 5'8 safety. We already have 5'10 guys in williams and howard.

Trust your opinion money and don't like that the two guys we are bringing in you hate. Lot of room in that secondary too. We need playmakers!

Trust your opinion money and don't like that the two guys we are bringing in you hate. Lot of room in that secondary too. We need playmakers!
No, I dont dislike Howard or Williams. I like their potential in the secondary. I just dont think we need another short safety for this class. I love the range of Eskridge, 6'3 guy that can run and is athletic. We need another one of those to go with the shorter ones. lol..

Agree with this. I'm just not bullish on his size. I can live with short corners with great balls skills, but small safeties are a real hindrance.

I'm pretty sure we moved on but I guess we'll see what happens?

yeah, you are right, word on the street (paysite) is we did move on, appears the young man did what young men do and talked a lot but it seems to be one sided. Perhaps they are thinking like Money and just want to get bigger kids. Watching FSU the other night, pretty good idea.

Who is Dan Tortora?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom