Class of 2016 - DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers

A think a good start to the season goes a long way with this kid.

I was just looking back at in the thread when everything seemed to be pointing at OH St and PSU and we all seemed to think he would end up at one of those two school. Then he started visiting a lot of ACC schools but ended up picking RU. That's all.

He camped at tOSU, thought he performed well enough to get an offer, but it didn't come about. I think the same thing happened at PSU, or he may at one time had an offer, but the spot filled up so that was done. I can almost guarantee the offers from Duke, UNC, NCST, etc were all legit. RU has just been trying to build a pipeline to that Gridiron Academy that he is part of. Who knows what happens with Flood now, but I bet he isn't the last Canuck to chose RU. They seem to be putting the time and effort into recruiting Canada while other programs are not.

I think anyone could tell from page 1 that I am a huge fan of Rene. I would love nothing more then to get back involved with Rene, even if it's RU's sloppy seconds.

I think anyone could tell from page 1 that I am a huge fan of Rene. I would love nothing more then to get back involved with Rene, even if it's RU's sloppy seconds.
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

He camped at tOSU, thought he performed well enough to get an offer, but it didn't come about. I think the same thing happened at PSU, or he may at one time had an offer, but the spot filled up so that was done. I can almost guarantee the offers from Duke, UNC, NCST, etc were all legit. RU has just been trying to build a pipeline to that Gridiron Academy that he is part of. Who knows what happens with Flood now, but I bet he isn't the last Canuck to chose RU. They seem to be putting the time and effort into recruiting Canada while other programs are not.

You do remember he Isn't at gridiron last year or this one.

You do remember he Isn't at gridiron last year or this one.

Ya, but that's where their relationship started. Just like they camped and visited at Syracuse, they did at Rutgers.

All i'm saying is I don't think there is anything strange at all going on with his recruitment other then him either waiting too long, or not getting offers he was chasing (tOSU, PSU).

Sounds like it to me that he wants to play in the Big Ten......And a lot of those teams lost to inferior opponents on paper so far after week one.

patrice rene taking other visits--per the ru board he has just visited pitt. he has not yet decommitted from ru but appears to be wavering. any chance we contact him? ru board also saying that ash is offering other nj players schollies even though they are committed elsewhere---interesting

patrice rene taking other visits--per the ru board he has just visited pitt. he has not yet decommitted from ru but appears to be wavering. any chance we contact him? ru board also saying that ash is offering other nj players schollies even though they are committed elsewhere---interesting
Why wouldn't Ash offer other NJ kids... SU is doing the same thing...or are you talking about some of our commits being offered by RU?

Why wouldn't Ash offer other NJ kids... SU is doing the same thing...or are you talking about some of our commits being offered by RU?
the main point of my post was to see if we reach out to rene, even though he is committed. he appears to be having second thoughts and recently visited pitt

He took his ov to UNC this past weekend and seemed to have a good time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom