Class of 2016 - DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Patrice Rene (ON, Canada) Transferring to Rutgers

anomander said:
Believe it or not Rutgers seems to be the favorite to land Rene. Makes me sick.

Said it back in May that Rutgers was the leader. Was at least hoping tOSU would beat them out, but worst case scenario unfolded.

Said it back in May that Rutgers was the leader. Was at least hoping tOSU would beat them out, but worst case scenario unfolded.
Ya but they had a lot of help from Victor Tedondo, the founder and program director of Gridiron Academy in Ottawa. Tedondo has a strong relationship with Rutgers linebackers coach Bob Fraser dating back to 2011. So we didn't just have no interest and didn't try some. Sometimes you just have to know when you need to realize to start putting your efforts elsewhere.

Well Rutgers has been doing those camps in Canada for awhile but why would a player pick them instead of Ohio State...if they had a commitable offer.

Play right away is a pretty good reason.

Maybe Coyle should launch a "Syracuse- Ontario's American College Team" campaign...

he cant be very smart- rutgirls is a safety school - if its your first choice you have serious mental issues

Ya but they had a lot of help from Victor Tedondo, the founder and program director of Gridiron Academy in Ottawa. Tedondo has a strong relationship with Rutgers linebackers coach Bob Fraser dating back to 2011. So we didn't just have no interest and didn't try some. Sometimes you just have to know when you need to realize to start putting your efforts elsewhere.

We also have a relationship with Tedondo, and the Gridiron Academy. He has been bringing their Academy to SU camps for years now. We have just as strong as a relationship with Tedondo as they do. The difference was they were actually going the extra mile, going up to Canada to recruit the kids.

We also have a relationship with Tedondo, and the Gridiron Academy. He has been bringing their Academy to SU camps for years now. We have just as strong as a relationship with Tedondo as they do. The difference was they were actually going the extra mile, going up to Canada to recruit the kids.
Could be we backed off after gauging the kid's interest. He liked us initially but seemed to want to go to a glitzier place. As someone else said maybe some of his "offers" were not commitable and the Rutgers one was. Frankly, I'm happy with the guys we have and have coming in.

Could be we backed off after gauging the kid's interest. He liked us initially but seemed to want to go to a glitzier place. As someone else said maybe some of his "offers" were not commitable and the Rutgers one was. Frankly, I'm happy with the guys we have and have coming in.

No, the kid definitely had commitable offers. I wouldn't say we backed off, the kid just dropped his interest. This kid is a stud. He would probably be the 2nd best commit in our entire class.

No, the kid definitely had commitable offers. I wouldn't say we backed off, the kid just dropped his interest. This kid is a stud. He would probably be the 2nd best commit in our entire class.
Too bad. Seems like if we don't get them to commit right away, we don't get them.

I don't know, but their must be some more to this. What does Rutgers have more to offer that SU? Its awful funny even the other two recruits that were mentioned, "Vilijan, , and Sutherland " we haven't mention them at all in any of these post.

They were doing camps and you know the ACC does not allow members of the conference to hold off campus camps.

not worried at all...it's not like we are talking hockey here.

I will take the Georgia/Florida kids all day over a few Canadians and their trickle of a pipeline for real talent..

Pat Woodcock, the Pilons, and Glen Young are sorry that you feel this way.

When SU started recruiting Rene, a lot of people hoped he would land here. Seems like a very good talent.

A few points
- Part of the appeal of Buttgers to this kid was that he apparently has family in that area of NJ. That was reportedly a large influence
- We'll see if they hang on to him after a dismal season and other teams are looking to fill out their classes with DB
- Would be a great get for us, but you never know how kids will work out (ie ishaq, okundeko, daiquan kelly, etc)

Pat Woodcock, the Pilons, and Glen Young are sorry that you feel this way.

When SU started recruiting Rene, a lot of people hoped he would land here. Seems like a very good talent.
Hey what can I say if they feel sorry:noidea: When was the last time one of them played here? Georgia/Florida produces far more talent than all of Canada and we are currently in good company in those states and getting high quality players that are very respectful when you meet them in person. And I love it when Canadian Citizens show up in the dome as they are great fans to be around,but Canadian football players are just not connecting here.....like I said I am not losing sleep over this. Next recruit up...

They were doing camps and you know the ACC does not allow members of the conference to hold off campus camps.

Makes it even more important that we send coaches across the border.

Are we just going to submit, and let all of Canada's top talent go to Rutgers? We're just going to have to work that much harder for it.

Makes it even more important that we send coaches across the border.

Are we just going to submit, and let all of Canada's top talent go to Rutgers? We're just going to have to work that much harder for it.

Fine but besides meeting with the coaches of these kids in Canada for evaluations, which only so many are allowed during specific periods during recruiting, there are no home visits or face to face visits allowed until after the start of the Senior year. Unfortunately these kids need to make the effort and visit Syracuse. Rene made multiple visits to Rutgers and Ohio State.

Fine but besides meeting with the coaches of these kids in Canada for evaluations, which only so many are allowed during specific periods during recruiting, there are no home visits or face to face visits allowed until after the start of the Senior year. Unfortunately these kids need to make the effort and visit Syracuse. Rene made multiple visits to Rutgers and Ohio State.

As anomander has said, it goes both ways. You have to show the love to get the love. The kid felt like Rutgers showed the love more frequently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom