Class of 2024 - DB/WR Ta’Ron Haile (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/26/23) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB/WR Ta’Ron Haile (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/26/23)

If people want to see an example of a ratings gripe, Haile was ranked 11th in the Rivals NJ state rankings as of 4/11. He was dropped to 21st as of their rankings update on 6/15. Now maybe I’m mistaken but I’m unaware of any football being played or anything significant that would cause a kid to be dropped 10 spots.

There is a lot of nonsense going on in their rankings for this class. I’ve seen this with a number of recruits that were impacted by their 6/15 update. Not sure how you justify that.

Are there any other WRs in the oven besides Haile? We have the hybrid. We could use a couple more quality wideouts. And I mean players like this guy. We need more of them. Missed on the west coast kids, but we should’ve known better.

Are there any other WRs in the oven besides Haile? We have the hybrid. We could use a couple more quality wideouts. And I mean players like this guy. We need more of them. Missed on the west coast kids, but we should’ve known better.
I have no idea, but I wouldn't be shocked if we saved some schollies for a WR or two in the transfer portal after the season. We'll use OG2 and hopefully a breakout year from someone like Hatcher or Alford to lure in some talent. Tremble and Haile are two of the more coveted pass catchers we've landed in the last decade or so, staff might be happy with those 2 and then some transfers.

Total deep read, mostly likely fueled by boredom on my part, but I'm looking at the announcement times for Haile, Matthews-Canty, and Goodacre. They are all spread out. Could that be by design so they are not interfering with each others' Syracuse moment in the Orange sun? Inquiring minds, well maybe just mine, want to know.

Total deep read, mostly likely fueled by boredom on my part, but I'm looking at the announcement times for Haile, Matthews-Canty, and Goodacre. They are all spread out. Could that be by design so they are not interfering with each others' Syracuse moment in the Orange sun? Inquiring minds, well maybe just mine, want to know.

Yeah Money mentioned it yesterday, sounds like there are several kids including Haile

I have no idea, but I wouldn't be shocked if we saved some schollies for a WR or two in the transfer portal after the season. We'll use OG2 and hopefully a breakout year from someone like Hatcher or Alford to lure in some talent. Tremble and Haile are two of the more coveted pass catchers we've landed in the last decade or so, staff might be happy with those 2 and then some transfers.

We would be idiots to save scholarships. We’ll have ships open when our own kids hit the portal.

Last edited:
Yeah Money mentioned it yesterday, sounds like there are several kids including Haile
Yeah, he did mention that. I even responded to his post. Oh well, I guess I’d just like to know who they are. He mentioned they might be being slow played for various reasons but thinks they are talented. I hope so. We need a better WR room.

Yeah, he did mention that. I even responded to his post. Oh well, I guess I’d just like to know who they are. He mentioned they might be being slow played for various reasons but thinks they are talented. I hope so. We need a better WR room.
He is vague for a reason in terms of who they are, but good to know we have solid options still out there

If people want to see an example of a ratings gripe, Haile was ranked 11th in the Rivals NJ state rankings as of 4/11. He was dropped to 21st as of their rankings update on 6/15. Now maybe I’m mistaken but I’m unaware of any football being played or anything significant that would cause a kid to be dropped 10 spots.

There is a lot of nonsense going on in their rankings for this class. I’ve seen this with a number of recruits that were impacted by their 6/15 update. Not sure how you justify that.
Geniunely wonder if a paying subscriber could put together a class action lawsuit here.

Geniunely wonder if a paying subscriber could put together a class action lawsuit here.
Even if it had little merit, they would still have to pay to defend themselves. And that might also have the desired effect.
1687795810153.gif

It’s really shady for sure. I’m not on Twitter but it would be great if someone would call them out on this nonsense.

Been seeing it for years. Glad others see it too. These recruiting services want to appeal the paying customers. Right now rivals and 247 mods are pushing the narrative the schiano has NJ recruits in timeout and purposely looking in other states for talent ( even though he's offered most of them). They wont tell them that 2nd tier NJ prospects are looking elsewhere to play also.

Last edited:
The best part of it all is that Rutgers has sucked, still sucks and will continue to suck no matter what
Yep and if they and their idiot fans thought that the Big 10 going division-less next year is going to help them, just take a look at their schedule. I literally see zero conference wins for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom