DB | Syracusefan.com

DB

B

BillSU

This week’s game on Saturday is close to my heart. I live only 40 minutes from the venue which is more than a field than a stadium. I have been with SU since ’63 through graduation in ’68. I have been to all the games in CT FB and BB. I always want to beat them badly. Perhaps my ire is increased I because all the Hartford Courant covers in its sports section is UCONN. I believe we are going to defeat the DOGS. Even if we don’t, Dino is making progress with the new offensive system.

It’s SU’s defensive injuries that may play into the result. Be that as it may, the offensive system is a positive, the players conditioning, since DB took out the soda machines and got the players into a strength and conditioning system that week by week is taking us into an elevation that is going to be above and better than other teams we play this season.

More than this, everyone has our back, the chancellor and new AD in particular. We are in a new space that is all about improving SUFB to a level that we were in many years ago when we beat Clemson in the Gator Bowl badly 41-0. It was like Clemson didn’t even practice for our arrival. To be there again will be great. And, I do believe that even if it takes two or three years of recruiting cycling - until DB has what he has set out to get in O and D players we will be there.

DB is a special individual as is his coaching staff. You can tell by the responses and reactions on the pay sites the way the potential commits speak about their visits, their meetings with the coaching staff, the sports facilities, touring the campus, the academic programs available and the relationship they were able to develop with the players and staff during their visit.

This is a special time for SUFB. The naysayers will have to be patient, quiet no - but we are on our way to a great, continuing SU Football program. Thank you Dino and trustees.

Yes -- Dino is an excellent individual, recruiting will pick up, in 3 years we will be happy, but can't we agree with that and also be just a little impatient? After this 3 game start, I would expect to see some marked improvement versus UConn, and then some competitive games where Dino's team looks overall like a step up from 2015. Both on offense and on defense with a more experienced unit than we had last season. Too much to ask?

I thought there was an open tryout to the public for anyone who could play the position since we're running out of scholarship humans.

Yes -- Dino is an excellent individual, recruiting will pick up, in 3 years we will be happy, but can't we agree with that and also be just a little impatient? After this 3 game start, I would expect to see some marked improvement versus UConn, and then some competitive games where Dino's team looks overall like a step up from 2015. Both on offense and on defense with a more experienced unit than we had last season. Too much to ask?
No, I don't think that is too much to ask! I think we have the personnel to kick their asses if we focus and play like we should.

Well, you were all off. DB was and is about SUFB and Dino Babers and who will be coaching another W in CT Saturday.:)

I was off before I even saw this post :bat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom