DB's | Syracusefan.com

DB's

kcsu

Living Legend
Although we are young we have the most size and speed and talent we have had in a long time. I think that Reddish, Lynn, and Shamarko are all poised for break out years. If Eskridge is as good as advertised we could have a very solid unit. Donnie will make each one of them better and i believe will instill some pride and toughness in this unit. The more this hire ages the more i like it.

Lynn will do very well. Coming off surgery means he'll be 100% next season.

Reddish I think is a year off, but we'll see flashes this year. Maybe he'll get to return putns/kicks? I think he could make an impact there.

Shamarko is putting a lot of pressure on himself. It will either make or break him.

Eskridge I think will play very well.

If there is one unit on the team that has the talent to be coached up it is our DB's. Good speed good length i really think we are going to see a huge improvment. I also like the fact that guys like Lynn who are in need of some maturing will have a seasoned no bs coach in DH. I can see him really being liked and more importantly respected by these kids. Also the more i think about it if he puts the effort in i can see DH turning into one heck of a recruiter. Many of these kids come from tough backgrounds and DH will make Parents feel good about their kids being taken care of. Has that tough Uncle feel about him.

But can any of them stay healthy? Anderson and Lyn both played with broken wrists. Shamarko missed significant time with leg problems.

But can any of them stay healthy? Anderson and Lyn both played with broken wrists. Shamarko missed significant time with leg problems.

Will always be the major issue with those 3 players. Can't control it so start praying.

I want to see what George, Esk and Reddish bring to the table. Don't count Morgan out yet either.

Will always be the major issue with those 3 players. Can't control it so start praying.

I want to see what George, Esk and Reddish bring to the table. Don't count Morgan out yet either.
DBs tend to be injured -- comes with the territory. Instead of praying (or in addition to) it helps to build some depth. We haven't had a lot in recent years, but now we will. In addition to guys already mentioned above, we have Desir and Wilkes. The new coach needs to sort out the talent, find the best FS of the bunch, and find a back up at SS, but at least he has several options and some depth.

We have the depth and talent to be very good in the secondary.

Our pass rush will be responsible for how well they do and how many int's we get though. Even the best DB's can't do anything if the opposing qb has 5 seconds to sit there while his wr's make 2 cuts. They also can't jump a route if theres a good chance a 2nd cut is coming. Hopefully we'll figure out some sort of pass rush and not see 10 yard cushions at the LOS anymore.

Although we are young we have the most size and speed and talent we have had in a long time. I think that Reddish, Lynn, and Shamarko are all poised for break out years. If Eskridge is as good as advertised we could have a very solid unit. Donnie will make each one of them better and i believe will instill some pride and toughness in this unit. The more this hire ages the more i like it.
I thought I read that the staff is very high on Desir. I'm not sure if he's a CB or S.

Agree, I think with a dedicated coach, and everyone getting a year older, stronger, this unit should be the most improved in 2012. Seems like we're getting better size across the board.

Henderson will do a good job with the DB's.

I will believe when I start seeing it on the field. Until then, I reserve judgment.

The staff filled glaring two deep need at DL with JUCO. Must see enough in current DB's to not do same.

Don't forget about Jeremi Wilkes.

Between Lynn, Wilkes, Anderson, Desir, Reddish [to say nothing of Morgan or Whigham], I like the talent we're stockpiling at CB.

Shamarko hopefully will be healthy for his senior campaign.

Lots of candidates at FS. I wouldn't be surprised to see Eskridge end up playing here, although I've heard he might be a CB as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom