Class of 2019 - DE Andrew Tuazama (NC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DE Andrew Tuazama (NC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said at the beginning of the year that our class would be closer to full than people thought, I got chastised...I’m putting the number at 21-23 and if my math and intuition adds up we will have a great class when all said and done. What you thinking Finwad?
I think that could end up being a very real #... I’m closer to 21 though.

I think Tuazama and Dawson borh end up at DT a la Slayton, Bear, Black and Chuk

Dawson yes, think Tuazama will be a DE.
As a FR he would immediately be our biggest DE. You definitely know more about this stuff than me, but with that size already I was thinking he may be destined for DT as well.

thank god! Tuazama is NOT a DT
Why not? He’s 6’6 240. Seems built just like McKinley Williams. An off-season in this program could get him to 280. This staff has already converted a MLB (Ruff) into a DT.

Why not? He’s 6’6 240. Seems built just like McKinley Williams. An off-season in this program could get him to 280. This staff has already converted a MLB (Ruff) into a DT.
Keep in mind that what happened with Ruff is really hard to do. The kid lived like a savage for like 18 months straight doing nothing but eating and going ape in the weight room. You never know how someone's body is going to respond much less if they can handle the misery that is involved. Takes a special person to pull it off.

Keep in mind that what happened with Ruff is really hard to do. The kid lived like a savage for like 18 months straight doing nothing but eating and going ape in the weight room. You never know how someone's body is going to respond much less if they can handle the misery that is involved. Takes a special person to pull it off.
And surprisingly he kept his explosiveness and started to make a name for himself in the last 3-4 games.

Just because one guy can add weight and keep their explosiveness doesn’t mean another player can. This isn’t a video game. Some of you think every single player is going to just come in and add 20-40 lbs. Some of these players have been adding weight and working their butts off in the weight room for years. You don’t just make gains every year when you’re already pushing at a high level.

40 lbs is really hard to do in less than a year. This isn't Turnell Sims who went from 240-280 quickly. Those were the days of rumored funny stuff being taken. That doesn't happen anymore.

Agreed but, IMO, Ruff was never going to play LB here...he reported to his first camp at 265lbs. He was destined for the DL the moment he stepped on campus.

40 lbs is really hard to do in less than a year. This isn't Turnell Sims who went from 240-280 quickly. Those were the days of rumored funny stuff being taken. That doesn't happen anymore.
I didn’t say it would take one offseason. Rarely, do defensive tackles play as freshman. He needs to arrive, redshirt and take the next couple of off seasons to learn the position and grow physically.

I didn’t say it would take one offseason. Rarely, do defensive tackles play as freshman. He needs to arrive, redshirt and take the next couple of off seasons to learn the position and grow physically.
Um, you did say 'An off-season' in this program could get him to 280. ' Oh well I agree with your second post where over 2-3 yrs hope it could happen.

Just because one guy can add weight and keep their explosiveness doesn’t mean another player can. This isn’t a video game. Some of you think every single player is going to just come in and add 20-40 lbs. Some of these players have been adding weight and working their butts off in the weight room for years. You don’t just make gains every year when you’re already pushing at a high level.
Ur right not all kids can but I’m sure Edinger is in on the conversation about whether a kid can put that weight on or not. Harder than most think but definitely not impossible.

Ur right not all kids can but I’m sure Edinger is in on the conversation about whether a kid can put that weight on or not. Harder than most think but definitely not impossible.

True. I agree with that. I just think people forget how hard some of these kids work before they even get here.

Their development isn’t always as linear as we think it will be.

Um, you did say 'An off-season' in this program could get him to 280. ' Oh well I agree with your second post where over 2-3 yrs hope it could happen.
Look at this kids body type compared to Bear or Ruff coming out of high school. Complete different body types even though the measurables are similar

Exactly. You have to look at the body type. You look at that kid, and he simply is going to struggle to put on much weight. I'm fine with him at DE. I'd say Dawson, if he comes here would be more suited for DT, but we will see.

Put him on a 2 week cruise with these guys, and he'll put on a good 30-40.

Screenshot_20181215-130817.png

Let’s see how this kid fills out, we have him now and Dino will find a role for him! Another nice pick up, the Carolinas are quickly becoming Syracuse of the South

Status
Not open for further replies.