Class of 2020 - DE Bryce Mostella (MI) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DE Bryce Mostella (MI) Offered

Offers from Akron, Ball St, BGSU, CMU, Indiana, NIU, Purdue, Toledo, WMU, Pitt, Syracuse

Last edited:
I’m sure the recruiting is like, “John, Come be a part of the Penn State FAMILY!” And they probably treat you like family while they still think you have the potential to be productive. Once they don’t and then it’s, “John who?” and they push him out. I mean it would be one thing to nudge a kid out but by actually communicating with him and telling him he’d likely be better off somewhere else so he could get some playing time. Disscuss it with him and actually care about the kid. But no just ignore the kid who is depressed and is struggling medically. That’s a good idea…jeez.

This is horrific. Sadly, I hardly think PSU is the only offender in this regard. Maybe I’m naive, but I’d like to think that my impression of our staff, and specifically our head coach, is accurate enough to say that this wouldn’t happen at our football program. And if it did, there is no room for a second chance or some ill-contrived attempt at justification. Not even if he just won a national championship. Some might be tempted to look the other way in that situation, but not me, nor most others who post here I think (I hope!).

I’m sure the recruiting is like, “John, Come be a part of the Penn State FAMILY!” And they probably treat you like family while they still think you have the potential to be productive. Once they don’t and then it’s, “John who?” and they push him out. I mean it would be one thing to nudge a kid out but by actually communicating with him and telling him he’d likely be better off somewhere else so he could get some playing time. Disscuss it with him and actually care about the kid. But no just ignore the kid who is depressed and is struggling medically. That’s a good idea…jeez.
Some ‘families’ are plain abusive!

This is horrific. Sadly, I hardly think PSU is the only offender in this regard. Maybe I’m naive, but I’d like to think that my impression of our staff, and specifically our head coach, is accurate enough to say that this wouldn’t happen at our football program. And if it did, there is no room for a second chance or some ill-contrived attempt at justification. Not even if he just won a national championship. Some might be tempted to look the other way in that situation, but not me, nor most others who post here I think (I hope!).
Why should this surprise anyone about Penn St? Joe allowed a criminal to be on campus for years, even when one of his assistants told him about the Pedophile.

But yet he’s not transferring????

Just odd

Feel horrible for the kid

Why should this surprise anyone about Penn St? Joe allowed a criminal to be on campus for years, even when one of his assistants told him about the Pedophile.
I’m not surprised, but confirmation of mistreatment or negligence is still sad to read and qualifies as “horrific” or at the very least, inhumane.

Where's he going to go? If he missed all that school time he may no longer have eligibility as he didn't maintain "progress toward degree".
And on top of it he sounds like he needs to get some additional help, guidance and stability. Hopefully someone(s) can throw this young man some help. Not sure football is anywhere is the right thing at the moment. Good luck to the young man.

But yet he’s not transferring????

Just odd

Feel horrible for the kid
The friends he has made there might be the only support structure he has. He’s at a really vulnerable position in his life, so uprooting might not be a good decision health wise.

The utter lack of care and concern for a player and teammate is unacceptable. These coaches have shown they cannot be decent human beings and this program should be investigated under a microscope. To be honest there is enough there in his post to warrant serious consideration of an immediate release following an investigation.

Where's he going to go? If he missed all that school time he may no longer have eligibility as he didn't maintain "progress toward degree".
JUCO would probably be his best option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom