Class of 2015 - DE Dana Levine (FL) Verbal to Temple | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Dana Levine (FL) Verbal to Temple

I guess so...just a bizarro situation this year. I don't think we've ever seen something like this where we've had so many offers pulled.

I think we've had 4 legitimate Decommits - Davante Davis, Daiquan Kelly, Doyle Grimes, Kevonnis Davis

And 4 Scholly Pulls - Gerald Robinson, Andrew Spence, West Lindor, Dana Levine

I wouldn't count Grimes.

Also seems that Levine wasn't firm in his commitment and was looking for a new landing spot. Hopefully he finds somewhere he will be happy.

I pretty much always assume there is more to the story. I don't think it has anything to do with Pickard but might have something to do with why we had another DL spot to offer as well yesterday.
Rings true

Shrmdougluvr said:
Doubtful. The position coach and head coach dont visit within a week just to tell him to move along. He was a McDonald recruit who committed way before ever venturing north. I assume that has more to do with it. Did we end up hanging on to any McDonald recruits?

Your right. The choice was his. Shafer just visited this week. We didn't pull it. But when he wasn't fully committed, we went with Carter.

That is one board that needs to be blown up for good.
I really believe they have a writer that posts negative comments on the football forum all of the time. I haven't been over there for about three or four years for that reason. I used to get mad and wanted to reach through the computer and beat whoever was posting the stupid comments. I think they do it just to keep it interesting and to continue to get people to post. Pathetic if you ask me.

I think in the future Florida recruits need to visit before committing.

JarHeadJim said:
I feel bad for the kid. First he gets his offer pulled and now he is getting abused by the losers who post on Syracuse.com

Some post here.

jekelish said:
It's embarrassing.

Even more embarrassing than those adults who stroke recruits on social media.

Even more embarrassing than those adults who stroke recruits on social media.
Sweet subtle jab there. But I'm glad I've never "stroked recruits" on social media. All I've ever done is promoted things I've written about recruits and mentioned that I hope they wind up playing for Syracuse.

jekelish said:
Sweet subtle jab there. But I'm glad I've never "stroked recruits" on social media. All I've ever done is promoted things I've written about recruits and mentioned that I hope they wind up playing for Syracuse.

Never heard of you doing it, so the post wasn't pointed at you. Used your post to reply to since it was about the current embarrassment on Twitter.

Never heard of you doing it, so the post wasn't pointed at you. Used your post to reply to since it was about the current embarrassment on Twitter.
If that's the case, then yes, we are in agreement. The extremes on Twitter when it comes to recruiting are a nice reminder that people need to make better choices in life.

I really believe they have a writer that posts negative comments on the football forum all of the time. I haven't been over there for about three or four years for that reason. I used to get mad and wanted to reach through the computer and beat whoever was posting the stupid comments. I think they do it just to keep it interesting and to continue to get people to post. Pathetic if you ask me.
I agree...it's all about the number of posts. Advertising money.

My favorite is in the comments of the article about what Kenny Carter has overcome. Great story about a kid getting a chance he never thought he'd get, and some jerks are down in the comments whining about how he didn't have any other offers and what a waste and blah blah blah.

jekelish said:
My favorite is in the comments of the article about what Kenny Carter has overcome. Great story about a kid getting a chance he never thought he'd get, and some jerks are down in the comments whining about how he didn't have any other offers and what a waste and blah blah blah.

I still think if his grades were in order he would have plenty of opportunities. Luckily for us Acosta has been on him since day 1, and has helped him along with the process.

rrlbees said:
Your right. The choice was his. Shafer just visited this week. We didn't pull it. But when he wasn't fully committed, we went with Carter.

Makes more sense. Why on earth would you pull the offer. It's DE, not QB. You don't pull one offer because another guy committed. You stockpile.

Helps explain Carter. I liked the Carter story though from the PS. He'll be an easy kid to root for, not just because he's wearing orange (or gray or blue or white).