Class of 2015 - DE Dana Levine (FL) Verbal to Temple | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Dana Levine (FL) Verbal to Temple

Hope we didn't screw him over-Why would he decommit to visit Temple?

He was already taking other OVs before he decommitted. Already had the Temple OV scheduled. He wasn't solid in his commitment to Syracuse.

Pulling schollies must suck. Honestly, this is why i cant blame kids for taking OV's and keeping their options open. You give your word to a school, and then a week before NSD they tell you to move on? There definitely needs to be an early signing period. This will keep both staffs and recruits on an honest page, they will only offer early signees to guys they absolutely want, and recruits will only sign if they really are committed. Its a binding agreement and can only be nulled if the coaching staff or "primary recruiter" moves on.

orangeinjersey said:
Pulling schollies must suck. Honestly, this is why i cant blame kids for taking OV's and keeping their options open. You give your word to a school, and then a week before NSD they tell you to move on? There definitely needs to be an early signing period. This will keep both staffs and recruits on an honest page, they will only offer early signees to guys they absolutely want, and recruits will only sign if they really are committed. Its a binding agreement and can only be nulled if the coaching staff or "primary recruiter" moves on.

We didn't pull anything according to people on the board.

I don't think we know how Shafers in-home went last week. Maybe the kid was wavering a bit and Shafer said "pooh or get off the damn thing" ?

Just to counter this: What if the kid did not really honor his word...should his schollie be pulled?? Would guess that most people here don't know what actually happened and there is probably a plausible reason his schollie got pulled.

I don't think we know how Shafers in-home went last week. Maybe the kid was wavering a bit and Shafer said "pooh or get off the damn thing" ?

Don't think Coach Shafer would couch it quite like that...

Two way street. If a kid is really committed, why is he still taking OV's?

"Gee honey ... I know we're engaged to be married in two months, but I still have a few OV's left".

Just read his twitter account. Lot's of bastards out there. He's an 18 year old kid trying to make the best decision he can. I, for one, pray he is able to find that perfect fit for him, wherever it may be.

Just read his twitter account. Lot's of bastards out there. He's an 18 year old kid trying to make the best decision he can. I, for one, pray he is able to find that perfect fit for him, wherever it may be.
Just wish grownups would stay off recruits twitter accounts, let the kids tweet each other, or like Bam if you have a relationship with a player as a parent that's OK.

idiot fans should never get on a 18 year old kid about a life decision- anyone who says they had there act together at 18 is full of rutgers

and in all honesty - what kind of man does it take to belittle a kid- a pretty crappy one

Last edited:
When I checked twitter it seem like it was one guy being a idiot. Was there multiple people harassing his twitter?

"Gee honey ... I know we're engaged to be married in two months, but I still have a few OV's left".

He's still taking visits because some coaches are slimeballs and can/will pull a scholly. Look at the kid from Tennessee? His scholly was pulled last week. If he had shut down his recruitment early and ceased all contact with other suitors, he would be scrambling right now. Thats what I am saying.

Being "committed" in college football doesnt mean until the NLI is signed. Thats why i am saying we need an early signing period. If kids want to sign early AND GUARANTEE their spot, they can. If coaches want to GUARANTEE a spot, they can offer the recruit an early sign. Doing this actually means committed. The way the system is set up right now, until the NLI is signed, either party can pull the rug out from the other. There is no "commitment".

That's fair enough. We don;t know the answer, becuase we werent there.

idiot fans should never get on a 18 year old kid about a life decision- anyone who says they had there act together at 18 is full of rutgers

and in all honesty - what kind of man does it take to belittle a kid- a pretty crappy one
Have you read some of the crap that Trevor Cooney used to get on the hoops board...from out own fans? Pathetic bunch.

everybody knows you never go full rutgers

I saw him mention elsewhere we're one of his finalists and he'll decide on signing day. Buh-Bye-Have fun at Temple

Please don't tell me it's a Cuse fan badgering him.

I assume they are kids and not adults. Gee, I hope so.

And people gave me and said it never happened; Pinstripe Bowl vs. KState witnessed quite a few "SU fans" being complete to KState fans. I would imagine it's these same scumbags that have found twitter.

And people gave me and said it never happened; Pinstripe Bowl vs. KState witnessed quite a few "SU fans" being complete to KState fans. I would imagine it's these same scumbags that have found twitter.

Unfortunately every fan base has them ... some .. Rutgers *cough *cough *cough have a lot more than others though.

Walking out to the train at Yankee Stadium after the K-State game was pretty embarrassing as an SU fan in the crowd. I actually apologized to some of the K-State fans we were walking near. That was a good game against a quality opponent and there were many SU "fans" that were out of line. I know this isn't unique to SU, but it was just childish drunken idiocy at full throttle.

I soooo wanted to try that.

Engagements typically last one year. I think it should be one long tryout. You need to be sure.

As for the twitter trolls, it's unfortunate. Just a lot of angry, ignorant people trolling this world. Thankfully most of them confine their anger to anonymous internet typing.