Class of 2019 - DE David Ojabo (NJ) Verbal to Michigan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DE David Ojabo (NJ) Verbal to Michigan

Is it just me or what. It seems since we beat Clemson that they are up here going at the same recruits we are after. Or is it the other way around.;)
I am a little disappointed that we did not come out of the gate with some top tier recruits after beating them. I understand that we are being more choosey, but had hoped for some kind of sign that we were finally turning the corner. I guess I will have to wait until February to see if beating Clemson actually did have an impact. Hopefully Ojabo will commit to Cuse to help form that sign.

Last edited:
I am a little disappointed that we did not come out of the gate with some top tier recruits after beating them. I understand that we are being more choosey, but had hoped for some kind of sign that we were finally turning the corner. I guess I will have to wait until February to see if bearing Clemson actually did have an impact. Hopefully Ojabo will commit to Cuse to help form that sign.
With the early signing period maybe you won't have to wait until February.

I am a little disappointed that we did not come out of the gate with some top tier recruits after beating them. I understand that we are being more choosey, but had hoped for some kind of sign that we were finally turning the corner. I guess I will have to wait until February to see if beating Clemson actually did have an impact. Hopefully Ojabo will commit to Cuse to help form that sign.
Pedal on the right. December is the new February.

I would really love to hear what these schools had to say to him to have theses five be his final 5.

Don't have to say too much, mostly blue bloods.

Exactly, not hard to see why they would be in anyone's top 5. Rack lost me with that comment.

Stick a knife to me then convince me you have a flamethrower in your pocket and I’ll tell you im rooting for jimbo here

Exactly, not hard to see why they would be in anyone's top 5. Rack lost me with that comment.
I was just wondering what Mr. Franklin is saying in his sales pitch to get these kids to go to PSU. It just seems they are getting a lot lately. I guess a little jealousy showing up some.

I was just wondering what Mr. Franklin is saying in his sales pitch to get these kids to go to PSU. It just seems they are getting a lot lately. I guess a little jealousy showing up some.
I'm jealous too, especially given what we all believe about their moral fiber. That said, it's not a difficult pitch, "We get over 100,000 people at every home game, and we were one win away from the playoffs, all we need is you." I am not saying this with knowledge, I just don't see that it's very hard to figure out. How many schools can say that and also say they are a 5 hour or less drive from home to any NE recruit? They are alone in that distinction right now.

Is it just me or what. It seems since we beat Clemson that they are up here going at the same recruits we are after. Or is it the other way around.;)

Lol, love it. Yup, dabo now has our backyard covered by his drone and/or he values who we offer and who might be talents in the northeast that might deserve a look. Love Dabo , Clemson, and the fans that truly rep what they are all about. Its been a great 4 years or so to get a few chances to host the fanbase.

PSU has always recruited well, and Franklin came in as a well known commodity in recruiting. 1+1=Boom. Now add in a playoff berth and you have a recipe for this program to put the hurting on...what can you do other than continue to watch kids foam at the mouth to play on a farm in Pennsylvania? Everyone in PA is bat crazy about their PSU

PSU has always recruited well, and Franklin came in as a well known commodity in recruiting. 1+1=Boom. Now add in a playoff berth and you have a recipe for this program to put the hurting on...what can you do other than continue to watch kids foam at the mouth to play on a farm in Pennsylvania? Everyone in PA is bat crazy about their PSU

It just stinks that they are a program with questionable morals (see how diplomatic I can be?), who got a slap on the wrist and hired a coach with questionable morals (I know, after OB), and they barely lost a beat. I just feel that after what happened, that their program should've taken a bigger hit. That's part of what frustrates me. They didn't have much of a dip or lull before they were a powerhouse again. For the record, I've loathed PSU long before the scandal broke.

It just stinks that they are a program with questionable morals (see how diplomatic I can be?), who got a slap on the wrist and hired a coach with questionable morals (I know, after OB), and they barely lost a beat. I just feel that after what happened, that their program should've taken a bigger hit. That's part of what frustrates me. They didn't have much of a dip or lull before they were a powerhouse again. For the record, I've loathed PSU long before the scandal broke.

Yep and the salt in the wound after they got scholarships back was they used one to flip Cabinda. Any old school SU fan hated PSU long before the Sandusky tragedy, that sick scandal and their pathetic fans reaction to it just ratcheted up the hate wayyy more.

I hear you. I have refrained from sharing my thoughts on PSU, but I will just this once.

What happened at PSU is deeply horrible, abhorrable, and deplorable. I cannot fathom it. About the worst sin you can commit.

However ...here's my other opinion...this sin was perpetrated by one man, not an entire community of people. Perhaps some knew about what was going on ...perhaps even Joe Pa himself (and if so, incredibly appalling). But again, the sin was perpetrated by one man, and possibly covered up by a few others, but it is not the offense of the whole Penn State community. Penn State is not filled with child molesters who are actively encouraging and rooting for child sex abuse. Everyone abhors it just as much as everyone on this board does.

I hate that every time Penn State gets a recruit the whole school is painted as a current cesspool ...a molestation ring that currently practices abuse and makes everyone deplorable who touches it.

I am also not a fan of this board going all self-righteous every time the name of PSU is mentioned, like everyone is SO much better than the entire institution and they have never done anything wrong in their life OR that SU has its hands clean in every conceivable way. This is how many on this board act, whether they actually feel that way or not.

I know no one on the board is a child molester or has ever covered up for someone who has, but everyone is guilty of something ..
and many things, and that makes us no better than any person in the PSU community who had nothing to do with this mess.

I'm tired of hearing about the offense. The past is the past now.

The REAL reason I am aggravated with anything related to the PSU athletic department (and why many on here have every right to be aggravated) is that the AD faced no consequence at all for what was a seriously heinous crime and they continue to just improve and get better. That's on the NCAA and it's also on the athletic department for not only getting away Scott free but for thumbing their nose at the small consequences they did receive and for even trying to roll them back. That's freaking reprehensible

Last edited:
I hear you. I have refrained from sharing my thoughts on PSU, but I will just this once.

What happened at PSU is deeply horrible, abhorrable, and deplorable. I cannot fathom it. About the worst sin you can commit.

However ...here's my other opinion...this sin was perpetrated by one man, not an entire community of people. Perhaps some knew about what was going on ...perhaps even Joe Pa himself (and if so, incredibly appalling). But again, the sin was perpetrated by one man, and possibly covered up by a few others, but it is not the offense of the whole Penn State community. Penn State is not filled with child molesters who are actively encouraging and rooting for child s e x abuse. Everyone abhors it just as much as everyone on this board does.

I hate that every time Penn State gets a recruit the whole school is painted as a current cesspool ...a molestation ring that currently practices abuse and makes everyone deplorable who touches it.

I am also not a fan of this board going all self-righteous every time the name of PSU is mentioned, like everyone is SO much better than the entire institution and they have never done anything wrong in their life OR that SU has its hands clean in every conceivable way. This is how many on this board act, whether they actually feel that way or not.

I know no one on the board is a child molester or has ever covered up for someone who has, but everyone is guilty of something ..
and many things, and that makes us no better than any person in the PSU community who had nothing to do with this mess.

I'm tired of hearing about the offense. The past is the past now.

The REAL reason I am aggravated with anything related to the PSU athletic department (and why many on here have every right to be aggravated) is that the AD faced no consequence at all for what was a seriously heinous crime and they continue to just improve and get better. That's on the NCAA and it's also on the athletic department for not only getting away Scott free but for thumbing their nose at the small consequences they did receive and for even trying to roll them back. That's freaking reprehensible

I realize that the current players and staff had nothing to do with it. The NCAA punishes after the fact which impacts athletes who had nothing to do with the offense. That's just what happens. I get frustrated by the JoeBots who view what happened as some kind of conspiracy against their esteemed coach and the university. IMO, the school wasn't penalized enough, and the fan base came across as cultish after everything went down. My dislike for the school and team just amped up after the scandal and ensuing reaction. I can just go back to hating them the way I did pre-scandal if you like!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom