Class of 2019 - DE David Ojabo (NJ) Verbal to Michigan | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DE David Ojabo (NJ) Verbal to Michigan

I hear you. I have refrained from sharing my thoughts on PSU, but I will just this once.

What happened at PSU is deeply horrible, abhorrable, and deplorable. I cannot fathom it. About the worst sin you can commit.

However ...here's my other opinion...this sin was perpetrated by one man, not an entire community of people. Perhaps some knew about what was going on ...perhaps even Joe Pa himself (and if so, incredibly appalling). But again, the sin was perpetrated by one man, and possibly covered up by a few others, but it is not the offense of the whole Penn State community. Penn State is not filled with child molesters who are actively encouraging and rooting for child s e x abuse. Everyone abhors it just as much as everyone on this board does.

I hate that every time Penn State gets a recruit the whole school is painted as a current cesspool ...a molestation ring that currently practices abuse and makes everyone deplorable who touches it.

I am also not a fan of this board going all self-righteous every time the name of PSU is mentioned, like everyone is SO much better than the entire institution and they have never done anything wrong in their life OR that SU has its hands clean in every conceivable way. This is how many on this board act, whether they actually feel that way or not.

I know no one on the board is a child molester or has ever covered up for someone who has, but everyone is guilty of something ..
and many things, and that makes us no better than any person in the PSU community who had nothing to do with this mess.

I'm tired of hearing about the offense. The past is the past now.

The REAL reason I am aggravated with anything related to the PSU athletic department (and why many on here have every right to be aggravated) is that the AD faced no consequence at all for what was a seriously heinous crime and they continue to just improve and get better. That's on the NCAA and it's also on the athletic department for not only getting away Scott free but for thumbing their nose at the small consequences they did receive and for even trying to roll them back. That's freaking reprehensible

It's the culture and the culture hasn't changed. Just got to the point where I could watch the HBO pic and it portrays all that is wrong with PSU. Sorry to derail from the Ojabo thread but the fact that the atrocities were going on there for THIRTY YEARS and that Paterno knew something was amiss, the fact that a pretty much KNOWN pedophile was allowed to access facilities and locker room with children, the fact that there are to this day thousands of JoePa cutout figures, T shirts, and memorabilia celebrating him as a saint makes me ill. Sorry, but no one associated with Penn State - past, present or future gets a pass in my book.

It's the culture and the culture hasn't changed. Just got to the point where I could watch the HBO pic and it portrays all that is wrong with PSU. Sorry to derail from the Ojabo thread but the fact that the atrocities were going on there for THIRTY YEARS and that Paterno knew something was amiss, the fact that a pretty much KNOWN pedophile was allowed to access facilities and locker room with children, the fact that there are to this day thousands of JoePa cutout figures, T shirts, and memorabilia celebrating him as a saint makes me ill. Sorry, but no one associated with Penn State - past, present or future gets a pass in my book.

Very well said, my thoughts exactly.

I was just wondering what Mr. Franklin is saying in his sales pitch to get these kids to go to PSU. It just seems they are getting a lot lately. I guess a little jealousy showing up some.

Yup, kids dont care about the scandal. They were probably 8-10 years old and not on their radar. Franklin doesn't have to say much other than show up for a 100k+ white out and feel the vibe. And obviously their parents don't care either...

Just glad it is not that cesspool called Penn St.
But does this mean PSU puts a stronger press on Adisa Isaac?

Don't think it matters, he's most likely going there regardless.
Yeah, I assume as much but am holding out some bizarre hope for a real difference maker to decide to go a less traveled path.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom