Class of 2020 - DE Dayon Hayes (PA) Portal from Pitt to Colorado | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DE Dayon Hayes (PA) Portal from Pitt to Colorado

Offers from Howard, Toledo, Ball St, Pitt, William & Mary, BGSU, Navy, Kent St, YSU, UMass, Syracuse

Received the offer today on his visit? Must have measured out

I wouldn’t expect us to be involved

Think this would cost tooo much $$$$$$
See I wonder how loosely these NIL deals are written though. Since it's just a work around to pay but not pay players they probably aren't air tight deals by any stretch. Was thinking this Re: the USC DT that's back in the portal BUT what is keeping players from grabbing big NIL bags and then going to where they want? I'm sure loop holes will eventually get ironed out but if player matches whatever NIL terms are agreed and gets paid they can then move on with said pay you'd think.

Caveat, I'm nobody in the know on anything, more so random musing. Some of these big name schools and uber rich boosters paying NIL's probably cant imagine kids leaving "their" schools once they get them there I'd imagine.

See I wonder how loosely these NIL deals are written though. Since it's just a work around to pay but not pay players they probably aren't air tight deals by any stretch. Was thinking this Re: the USC DT that's back in the portal BUT what is keeping players from grabbing big NIL bags and then going to where they want? I'm sure loop holes will eventually get ironed out but if player matches whatever NIL terms are agreed and gets paid they can then move on with said pay you'd think.

Caveat, I'm nobody in the know on anything, more so random musing. Some of these big name schools and uber rich boosters paying NIL's probably cant imagine kids leaving "their" schools once they get them there I'd imagine.
Just don’t pay everything up front.

Just don’t pay everything up front.
Fair enough but when you're one of 27 schools offering I'm not sure how rigid you get to be to leverage terms because someone else will give the deal if you don't.

Fair enough but when you're one of 27 schools offering I'm not sure how rigid you get to be to leverage terms because someone else will give the deal if you don't.
If they won’t agree to that that would be a red flag.
And if your only hope is to be highest bidder, that may not be the right player for the team.

If they won’t agree to that that would be a red flag.
And if your only hope is to be highest bidder, that may not be the right player for the team.
DAYON HAYES IN TRANSFER PORTAL FROM PITT
# 50 6' 3" 255 EDGE/ 81 TACKLES, 27 TFL, 13 SACKS, 3 FF'S SO FAR. LEAD ACC IN PRESSURE RATE& WAS 2X PLAYER OF THE WEEK
images (97).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom