Class of 2025 - DE Deshon Dodson (PA) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 DE Deshon Dodson (PA) Offered

If he’s related to Jahan I’m 150% sure he’s going to Penn State.

If he’s related to Jahan I’m 150% sure he’s going to Penn State.
This was my initial thought too until I realized that is Jahan “Dotson” not “Dodson”. Their names even rhyme! lol

This was my initial thought too until I realized that is Jahan “Dotson” not “Dodson”. Their names even rhyme! lol
Actually the thread poster had a senile moment with Datsun on the brain and originally posted the name incorrectly. :oops:

Great size; I love how we are offering top level talent and not backing down!

Great size; I love how we are offering top level talent and not backing down!
This is exactly how they should sell this program. Huge changes in the staff, some great portal pickups and now hit these guys in the coming classes hard now, and let the success of this coming year sell them on committing to the future of Syracuse Football.

He was good enough to be named 2nd team all state PA Class 3A.

Noah beat him out for first team.

Deshon finished 2023 with 36 tackles, 4 fumble recoveries & 4 sacks.

Yeah he started off as a 4 star, got as high as 92 rated for the 247 composite in mid 2022. I wonder if he got injured or something

Yeah he started off as a 4 star, got as high as 92 rated for the 247 composite in mid 2022. I wonder if he got injured or something
I think what you don't want to see is a high riser as a sophomore that's physically advanced at that age but then drops because that physical development plateaus. We've seen that with prospects in the past like Adly Enoicy who was I think a top 25 or top 50 prospect as a Sophomore. By his senior year he was deciding between us and FIU and then didn't make much of an impact here.

So hopefully it's just a case of a guy who didn't decide early and then got lost in the shuffle. We've seen what Rivals does to even guys like KingJoseph when they don't decide early.

I think what you don't want to see is a high riser as a sophomore that's physically advanced at that age but then drops because that physical development plateaus. We've seen that with prospects in the past like Adly Enoicy who was I think a top 25 or top 50 prospect as a Sophomore. By his senior year he was deciding between us and FIU and then didn't make much of an impact here.

So hopefully it's just a case of a guy who didn't decide early and then got lost in the shuffle. We've seen what Rivals does to even guys like KingJoseph when they don't decide early.
The name drops you get on here each day are wonderful.

We've seen that with prospects in the past like Adly Enoicy who was I think a top 25 or top 50 prospect as a Sophomore.
star wars GIF

OFFERED> DESHON DODSON, ST. NEUMANN & GORETTI HS, PHILADELPHIA, PA
#52/ 6'5" 270/ DT / DE /14 OFFERS
15224263_1b55abcffb6048b1a1f42de86336b3e8.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM MID SEASON:

SIZE
QUICK
VERY STRONG
AGILE
INTO B'FLD SACKING QB BEFORE PLAY DEVELOPS

EXCELLENT TACKLING SKILLS

GREAT OFFER

Last edited by a moderator:
OFFERED> DESHON DODSON, ST. NEUMANN & GORETTI HS, PHILADELPHIA, PA
#52/ 6'5" 270/ DT / DE /14 OFFERS
15224263_1b55abcffb6048b1a1f42de86336b3e8.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM MID SEASON:

SIZE
QUICK
VERY STRONG
AGILE
INTO B'FLD SACKING QB BEFORE PLAY DEVELOPS

EXCELLENT TACKLING SKILLS

GREAT OFFER
These are the type of kids with the strength and size as height and weight goes to bring in year in and year out to bring our school back to the prominence it once had.

Is he still still a take with Jalil Smith coming out of the portal. They seem to have the same measurable.
I think we’re going to play the DT and one DE at similar sizes/athleticsm. So we’ll need a healthy rotation of those 6’5 290ish guys.

I think we’re going to play the DT and one DE at similar sizes/athleticsm. So we’ll need a healthy rotation of those 6’5 290ish guys.
I love to stack jumbo athletes on the line. Coach Fran said we need SEC size along the d-line. We were undersized with Darton at nose guard.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom