Class of 2016 - DE Drew Beesley (MI) to MSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Drew Beesley (MI) to MSU

As I understand the current commitment math it seems to be at 12 commits. One applied to last years class = 11. One likely attrition from current commits = 10 commits. That leaves 15 potential scolies. QB is set at 2. RB 2 maybe 3. OL/DL a couple more maybe. No reason not to load up on the areas of biggest need DEs, WRs, DBs. Some will move position and/or grow out of positions into new positions of need. We needs players in the words of former Coach Bobby Dodd; with "ile". "Agile, mobile and hostile". Keep the OVs coming.
There is an entire thread on this subject. Let's try and keep this thread on Beesley.
http://syracusefan.com/threads/commit-status.97917/page-3

Excuse me for being so abstruse. The point is, there is plenty of scholarships availbleble to bring several prospects at a high need position. This means there isn't necessarily necessarily a pecking order when it comes to Beasley because of the number and timing of OVs, in my opinion. That does track this thread.

If they are out of room and they really like him...a grayshirt would be good...park him at prep school bring him in next Jan.

I think we will take 2 of 3 of Black, White and Beesley.

I think we will take 2 of 3 of Black, White and Beesley.
Thats seems a possibility . I wonder why it seems as tho they have very little or no interest in Jerrion Nelson. He seems to me to be the one most ready to step in and contribute. Did I miss something along the way.

Think Beesley was far down the list at DE. Don't even think he visits.

No knock on the kid but how is a 215 pound DE ranked as high as he is compared to the whole DE class? He is obviously a great HS DE to be so highly regarded but he is 215 and that is probably after being told for 2 years that he needed to bulk up. And most people overestimate the ease of the 'get him in a s&c program' instant 30 pound gain for a lot of these kids.

No knock on the kid but how is a 215 pound DE ranked as high as he is compared to the whole DE class? He is obviously a great HS DE to be so highly regarded but he is 215 and that is probably after being told for 2 years that he needed to bulk up. And most people overestimate the ease of the 'get him in a s&c program' instant 30 pound gain for a lot of these kids.
Agreed, he is the same weight as Holloway.

Preferred Walk On
In state tuition.
We'll see what's more important... P5 status or playing time. I would expect the latter.

I would imagine he's pretty much off our chalkboard at this point anyway. We loaded up on size at the position the last 10 days... ACC size

And this is just a gut feeling, but hear me out. Taking into account our recent luck with the NCAA, I feel like since we felt the need to load up on DEs, the omnipotent NCAA took notice. Sheppard and Ealy will miss no time next season. You heard it here first

Preferred Walk On
In state tuition.
We'll see what's more important... P5 status or playing time. I would expect the latter.

ted Costs for 2015-16
spotlight29.jpg

In-State Freshmen
  • Tuition and fees (15 credits/semester): $13,612
  • Room and board (double room/Silver Meal Plan): $9,524
Total for two semesters: $23,136

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...ver_syracuse_football.html#incart_river_index

The decision to make an official visit came after an old middle school friend, Drew Beesley reached out. A defensive end who decommitted from Bowling Green and is set to visit SU, Beesley told Fitzpatrick that he'll be headed to Central New York this fall.
If Fitzpatrick does choose Syracuse, he said he's got a roommate already lined up.

Did Drew Beesley commit?

Remember when this article almost broke Syracusefan.com with a potential silent verbal on 12/13? Then 12 dudes verbally committed after this article in 2 weeks. In the words of Coach K...AMAZING!

Is Beesley back in the game if Nelson commits to UGA? I know he committed to Toledo but you never know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom