Class of 2018 - DE Fitzroy Gardner (FL) to Iowa Western JUCO | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DE Fitzroy Gardner (FL) to Iowa Western JUCO

under his profile in hudl

• Positions: DE, OLB
  • Height & Weight: 6'3" 230lbs
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.44
  • Shuttle: 4.5
  • Bench: 285
  • 185 Bench (Reps): 20
  • 100 Meter Dash: 11.19
That shuttle seems very slow considering the 40 yd/100M results. Would seem to have great top end speed, but slow acceleration.

That shuttle seems very slow considering the 40 yd/100M results. Would seem to have great top end speed, but slow acceleration.
I just think he doesn't have side to side speed. He seems explosive vertically. Shuttle is tough if I don't know what ur doing. A lot of hip explosions. Great for tailbacks and linebackers well and secondary.

I just think he doesn't have side to side speed. He seems explosive vertically. Shuttle is tough if I don't know what ur doing. A lot of hip explosions. Great for tailbacks and linebackers well and secondary.
Agreed. 100% what I was implying. LB's need to be able to change direction quickly and slow acceleration is a weakness in my mind. This could be improved upon through development in a D1A strength and conditioning program.

The other measurables all would put him in the upper echelon of the NFL Scouting combine for LBs.

This kid puts what we need on the field defensively speed.
Speed makes up on the field.
If coaching isn’t great speed makes up for it.
If we can get some sideline to sideline speed it will make us better.

Last edited:
Agreed. 100% what I was implying. LB's need to be able to change direction quickly and slow acceleration is a weakness in my mind. This could be improved upon through development in a D1A strength and conditioning program.

The other measurables all would put him in the upper echelon of the NFL Scouting combine for LBs.
Makes senseto me. I still want him.

being recruited as a defensive end

Regardless of his exact 40 time this kid looks like he's shot out of a cannon on every play. Impressive reel!

6-3 240 pounds in high school? Kid is going to be a monster in 2 years, after being in a collegiate S&C program.

Would love to land a DE prospect like this.

His stats are absurd. That team is no joke, they were 14-0 before losing in the Class 6A state championship game to Miami Northwestern 21-16. Armwood was ranked No. 18 by USA Today.

To me, a stud defensive end, is the one position that can take a defense from bad to good, or from mediocre to great. It's a game changing position.

Absolutely. Especially at the college level.

Is this when bnoro pops in and tells us not to get excited? :oops:
9651e121dac222fdac699ca6d962b84f288c75e6ec120f4a06e3c04f139ee8ec.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom