Class of 2021 - DE Hayden Nelson (WI) Decommitted (12/15/20) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Hayden Nelson (WI) Decommitted (12/15/20)

Well, bummer. It happens. It's just the world of 'crootin.

That said, I feel like when guys decommit to us and end up in California, they don't really seem to be impact guys at their new left coast program. Am I wrong about that?

We and our? Was this mutual?

with kingsley coming back and the other two recruits they have enough guys at that spot. Could also mean that Dawson is confirmed

i think it was mutual, and allows them to address mote priority spots

with kingsley coming back and the other two recruits they have enough guys at that spot. Could also mean that Dawson is confirmed

Yeah - I don’t have any problems w this.
Especially in light of Josh & Kingsley returning.

Use the extra slot on a DT or C.

Dawson?

Won’t go into a lot of detail but I got a text and then heard some more elsewhere. This decision isn’t football related at all. I don’t fault Dino or his staff for this decommittment at all: Hayden’s a helluva football player and I wish him nothing but the best. I hope he lives it up on the west coast. Kid deserves it.

Just Saturday he was tweeting about looking forward to signing his LOI.
Blerg

Best of luck to the kid but now I don’t feel bad for saying he slightly resembles a young Liam McPoyle from Always Sunny.

8C78E6AD-0472-49E3-85E8-21EE83D2B26B.jpeg

My take is the player either wanted more time to decide or already decided to go elsewhere and was respectful enough to say it was a mutual understanding. I think its a classy decommitment if there is such a thing.

Hate losing Wisconsin guys on the lines based upon their reputation and toughness.

Anyway, good luck to him.

Hate losing this recruit but you can't blame him. Westwood CA or Syracuse NY...take your pick?
Syracuse NY. Not even close. I am ever baffled by this flavor of opinion. It's proferred as "obvious" often and I wonder what folks are smoking.

Syracuse NY. Not even close. I am ever baffled by this flavor of opinion. It's proferred as "obvious" often and I wonder what folks are smoking.
I truly love Syracuse, but after visiting UCLA with my daughter, I don't know. I don't think I could live in LA long term, but I could definitely spend 4 years of college there.

Living in WI is very similar with Upstate NY so moving to LA will be a major change of pace/life for Hayden and something he may never experience outside of college. Regarding the smoking, it is legal in IL so the quality is very good.

I respect any kid who does it like that and doesn't tell me to respect his decision. Good luck young man.
It’s a nice note. But doing it the day before NLI signing day is not the best way to handle it.