Class of 2021 - DE Hayden Nelson (WI) Decommitted (12/15/20) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Hayden Nelson (WI) Decommitted (12/15/20)

349163B7-2C59-42A1-B23C-7A5046294142.png

Is it possible he's been told he's a gray shirt candidate?

I'm just speculating of course.

Don’t understand this. Maybe the family is independently wealthy. Or just independently stupid.

And yes… I wish him nothing but the best.
Edit/////////
30 minute old post that already didn’t age well. I’ll leave it up as a monument to rushing to judgment.

Last edited:
Seems like the best thing for all parties involved.

Article just said he really likes west coast and wants to live there after college. Suppose hard to argue with that.

Career threatening injury. Always dreamed of going to UCLA, and living in California. The kids taking a chance on himself. Wish him nothing but the best.

I don't understand how that is "taking a chance on himself?" It's literally what tens of thousands of high school seniors choose to do every year.

Having said that, good for him for following his heart. The medical explanation he gave demonstrates he's a very bright kid.

I don't understand how that is "taking a chance on himself?" It's literally what tens of thousands of high school seniors choose to do every year.

Having said that, good for him for following his heart. The medical explanation he gave demonstrates he's a very bright kid.

he was told he wasn’t going to be on scholarship and could walk on with the chance to earn a scholarship. When you have numerous other options for full scholarships, I consider that taking a chance on yourself. When it’s his dream school
as well, I understand his decision.