Class of 2023 - DE Jalil Smith (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/24/22) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 DE Jalil Smith (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/24/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be one reason why we need to make every reasonable excuse to keep this staff beyond this season. I think these coaches have finally found something or are starting to get it after 6 years on the job.

Maybe it takes that long to learn how to operate and find success up here. I don't know. But I'm super pumped for the momentum we seem to have right now
Once Dino was forced to go outside of his circle, we started to land some good coaches.

Proud The Karate Kid GIF
lol this is one of my most used gifs. That one and Charles Dutton's celebration at the end of Rudy.

This would be one reason why we need to make every reasonable excuse to keep this staff beyond this season. I think these coaches have finally found something or are starting to get it after 6 years on the job.

Maybe it takes that long to learn how to operate and find success up here. I don't know. But I'm super pumped for the momentum we seem to have right now
It took Mac 7 years, and we were an independent then with not as difficult a schedule.

And Mac often said his success at SU came from recruiting solid talent from in-state and the region. Wasn't that Marrone's approach, too?

It has never been for lack of trying.
Or “want to”. (shudder)

The local talent has to want to come.

Many don’t.

If you’re a national level croot and have your choice of factory schools or a Syracuse program that literally hasn’t been relevant your entire lifetime, (with a one season blip of an exception), it’s a pretty hard sell to get them to choose Cuse.

Thankfully the coaches have developed relationships over the years that are now starting to pay off.

IF we can start winning consistently, then we should routinely be able to get good local talent to want to play here.

#13 JALIL SMITH - 2023 LINCOLN HS, BROOKLYN, NY
EDGE 6' 5" 230, 4.8 40, BP 215, SQ 315 // NO TCKL/TFL STATS
“If something stands between you and your success move it”
OFFERS: SU, TEMP, RU, BG, SB, UCONN

ASSETS:
SIZE
QUICK
SPEED FOR A BIG MAN
STRONG
BALANCED
AGILE QUICK OFF THE SNAP
ALWAYS STOPPING THE PLAY
IN BACKFIELD SACKING QB/TACKLING RUNNER

GREAT OFFER/COMMITTED!

#13 JALIL SMITH - 2023 LINCOLN HS, BROOKLYN, NY COMMITTED/SIGNED LOI 6/24/22
EDGE 6' 5" 230, 4.8 40, BP 215, SQ 315 // NO TCKL/TFL STATS
“If something stands between you and your success move it” OFFERS: SU, TEMP, RU, BG, SB, UCONN

ASSETS:
SIZE
QUICK
SPEED FOR A BIG MAN
STRONG
BALANCED
AGILE QUICK OFF THE SNAP
ALWAYS STOPPING THE PLAY
IN BACKFIELD SACKING QB/TACKLING RUNNER
GREAT OFFER

Last edited:
But he is a Jersey kid, at least according to the video. Man, can we hire a freaking proofreader? :mad:
They also typo-ed he Stared not Starred ⭐️ at Lincoln
Lol

Attachments

• DC5A95FB-CD12-4B22-89E3-A46A6B779ACD.jpeg
    DC5A95FB-CD12-4B22-89E3-A46A6B779ACD.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member