Class of 2023 - DE Jalil Smith (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/24/22) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 DE Jalil Smith (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/24/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow Jalil Smith DE from Lincoln HS in Brooklyn currently doesn’t have tickets to this game. His 6 tickets for him & family just fell through.

NYC Public School coaches were promised free tickets through the PSAL who was getting from Yankees.

Lincoln Coach O’Oconnor filled out 2 applications with PSAL only to be notified late this afternoon the Yankees never gave tickets to the PSAL.

So now Jalil his family and coach are S.O.L.

If anyone can make 6 tickets happen for our NYC commit Jalil (or 8 to include his coaches ) we can turn an embarrassing situation into a win!

Can an alum / booster give tickets to a recruit?

Isn't this how Rob Johnson got us on probation 30 years ago?

Is this really still a violation in the days of NIL? Please delete this Mods if it not cool.
… but if anyone can help dm me !

Ive actually proactively reached out to a member of the University recruiting office to see if they can help him. Its late and no promises they can, but they will know what can and cant be done. I'd suggest we stand down beyond that, although I appreciate your passion and drive to help BK

he's signed with Cuse.. so he's no longer a recruit. That's gotta change the rules I'd imagine.

I would think the player/coach could contact the school/coaches and find out what the can/cant do.

but if you read this

no tickets allowed

It is not permissible to provide complimentary admissions to any postseason competition (e.g., NCAA championship, conference tournament, bowl game).

could someone leave 8 tickets at will call for anyone with the first name Jalil and be OK..its not specific to any one person at that point.

Rules are pretty dumb about some of this stuff.

Its like if you drive to campus and see 2 kids standing in the rain and offer them a ride its ok.. But if you see 2 kids and you know they are players its not..

I would think the player/coach could contact the school/coaches and find out what the can/cant do.

but if you read this

no tickets allowed

It is not permissible to provide complimentary admissions to any postseason competition (e.g., NCAA championship, conference tournament, bowl game).
I wish I had read this sooner. He could have done a commercial for me next fall in exchange for the tickets. NIL baby

Graphic says 6-0 240. DL
PHAT - Here's a better graphic for you:

Jalil Smith

Jalil Smith

• Position Defensive Line
  • Height 6-5
  • Weight 240
  • Class Freshman
  • Hometown Brooklyn, N.Y.
  • High School Abraham Lincoln

Biography​

Before SU: Rated as the 11th-best prospect in New York State by On3 … Rated three stars by 247 Composite … All-New York City selection … Played at Abraham Lincoln High School under head coach Shawn O’Connor … Had 40 tackles, 17 TFLs and 11 sacks in his senior season … Was a team captain as a senior … Also played handball in high school.

Personal: Son of Shondelle and Jamael Smith … Has two older siblings, Samir and Shakir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom