Class of 2015 - DE Keivonnis Davis (FL) Verballed to Florida | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Keivonnis Davis (FL) Verballed to Florida

Close
B7q7WtFCIAAQ-gE.jpg:large

3:57 PM - 18 Jan 2015
1Double_Stick1‏@keivonnisProtected Tweets Jan 18
@CuseCentral I did get a chance to take this pic.twitter.com/ZD8VDxRjCY

Son of a...

EDIT: I picked a terrible time to write a column begging people not to get mad about recruiting flips.

That said...time to maintain perspective - http://.com/recruiting-season-reveals-more-about-us-than-recruits/

Last edited:
Not really a surprise, always thought him and Levine had a very similar style of play so not a huge loss

Not surprised either, as I stated earlier in this thread. Never got the feel that he was really into going to SU.

I'm not going to play the sour dejected fan though. I think he is a good player, and SU will be the poorer for losing him. But in the end, if they don't feel it is the right place for them, then it is for the best. Nothing good comes from either side when they aren't happy with where they are at.

Good luck to him, I hope it is everything that he hopes it to be. I still feel firmly that if HCSS and staff want a kid, there is no place they can hope to go that will be better for them, and that they will feel like they have family for life than SU.

Better to have this sorted now rather than next week or on signing day. So that bumps us back to 4 spots open which seems like a good number to have given the status of some potential flips or uncommitteds seriously connsidering SU.

Best of luck to the kid though. Looks the part and glad we won't have to play vs him.

I can never understand this stuff. Takes his OV here and has a good visit, reaffirms his commit, then flips to Oregon State before even taking his visit there. I'm wondering if he thinks he committed Oregon. He will probably flip again to NC State anyway. After he finds out it's not Oregon.

I knew this Dude was going to flip….Oregon State?….Good Luck!….I loved the article on perspective today…the author is correct….. We should all wish these kids the best….even if they don't select the Cuse…..

I knew this Dude was going to flip….Oregon State?….Good Luck!….I loved the article on perspective today…the author is correct….. We should all wish these kids the best….even if they don't select the Cuse…..
I agree, the author is correct. And another thing: he's also handsome.

One door closes another one opens. We wish him the best with his future

I can never understand this stuff. Takes his OV here and has a good visit, reaffirms his commit, then flips to Oregon State before even taking his visit there. I'm wondering if he thinks he committed Oregon. He will probably flip again to NC State anyway. After he finds out it's not Oregon.

Or after the plane trip. That's just about as long a flight as you can take in the continental US.

But - oh - well.

Believe me, this Miami kid will have a culture shock at OS. Cuse at least offers the east coast and some FL but Oregon will be an interesting experience for Keivonnis. Two years he will be back in FL at Florida A & M.

Believe me, this Miami kid will have a culture shock at OS. Cuse at least offers the east coast and some FL but Oregon will be an interesting experience for Keivonnis. Two years he will be back in FL at Florida A & M.
right, because people confuse Syracuse and Miami all the time, given how similar the two cities are in location, climate, and culture.

Come on, don't be like that. This isn't a shock to anyone who has followed his recruitment. There's no need to take a shot at the kid by saying he'll be at Florida A&M in two years. Also - newsflash, I know - some kids actually leave their home culture to go experience a new one at college.

Def needs to add some weight and should be a RS.

This is an interesting pre-flip assessment, especially given the primary reason he stated for going to OSU is that he could enroll early and play spring ball.
His chance to see the field as a true-Fr may depend on what their DE depth chart looks like.

Last edited:
Perhaps he just wasn't thrilled with the fact we had two additional highly rated DE here during his visit and three other already in the fold. You will really never know, but as mentioned above its better now than later both for us fans and the team. Allows them to refocus.

right, because people confuse Syracuse and Miami all the time, given how similar the two cities are in location, climate, and culture.

Come on, don't be like that. This isn't a shock to anyone who has followed his recruitment. There's no need to take a shot at the kid by saying he'll be at Florida A&M in two years. Also - newsflash, I know - some kids actually leave their home culture to go experience a new one at college.
Was saying that at least SU has some students & players from FL and plays there once or twice a year. Nothing to do with location, climate and culture.
This kid played the Cuse for a free trip knowing he was going to flip minutes after his visit to OS. Hate to see that happen...

I just wanted to write something up simply so I could mock the orange/brown color combination: http://.com/syracuse-loses-de-keivonnis-davis-to-oregon-state/