Class of 2015 - DE Keivonnis Davis (FL) Verballed to Florida | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Keivonnis Davis (FL) Verballed to Florida

I just wanted to write something up simply so I could mock the orange/brown color combination: http://.com/syracuse-loses-de-keivonnis-davis-to-oregon-state/

They wear orange and black. Not sure where you got brown from.

the syracuse.com article said that Oregon State will allow him to enroll early - for spring ball. they must be on tri-semesters? not sure how it works. But itt also said Syracuse admissions was requiring him to take another language and Oregon State wasn't. His language classes to date were sufficient for their admissions.

already paying dividends for Gary.

@slmandel
Gary Andersen tells @dennisdoddcbs he left Wisconsin bc of the tough admissions standards. cbsprt.co/1xASz0C

Before Gary Andersen goes on, he wants to make one thing clear.

A part of his surprising departure from Wisconsin had to do with admission standards.

"It's been well [documented] there were some kids I couldn't get in school," the Badgers' former coach said. "That was highly frustrating to me. I lost some guys, and I told them I wasn't going to lose them.

"I think they did what they were supposed to do [academically] and they still couldn't get in. That was really hard to deal with."

Until this recent moment in Andersen's new Oregon State office, even that much wasn't certain. It had been referred to, but not out loud by Anderson, as the reason he left a Top 25 Big Ten gig for a Pac-12 bottom feeder.

Now we know. Admissions was probably the reason the 50-year-old Andersen arguably caused the biggest stir of the coaching silly season.

"That's not Wisconsin's fault," Andersen added. "That's Wisconsin's deal ... I want to surround myself with those kids I can get in school."

Their website says that their colors are Orange Pantone 1665 and Pantone Process Black.

http://oregonstate.edu/trademarks/design-guidelines

Also, from OSU's official website:

First on the list, appropriately, is a brilliant orange pigment – appropriate for the OSU Beavers whose team colors are black and orange, and a university in a “Powered by Orange” advancement campaign.

the syracuse.com article said that Oregon State will allow him to enroll early - for spring ball. they must be on tri-semesters? not sure how it works. But itt also said Syracuse admissions was requiring him to take another language and Oregon State wasn't. His language classes to date were sufficient for their admissions.

Their Winter Term ends March 20.

Spring Term begins March 30.

Was saying that at least SU has some students & players from FL and plays there once or twice a year. Nothing to do with location, climate and culture.
This kid played the Cuse for a free trip knowing he was going to flip minutes after his visit to OS. Hate to see that happen...
you said he was going to experience "culture shock" at OSU. You then said that he wouldn't experience culture shock at Syracuse because there are a few kids from Florida and they play a game or two per year in Florida, as if those things are enough to alleviate culture shock. That's absurd. Also, bonus points for asserting that CULTURE shock has "nothing" to do with location, climate, and CULTURE.

You should also avoid statements where you claim to know exactly what a kid (or anyone, for that matter), unless you are privy to that thinking. You don't know that Davis had bad intentions. Besides, it was an open secret he was pining for a Louisville offer and was open to other offers. Surely this fact did not catch the coaching staff off guard. Yet, the staff still extended the offer for an official visit.

Flips are part of recruiting. Every - and I mean EVERY - school deals with it, both in gaining kids and losing kids. It is just the way the game is played. By all means, lament losing a kid you had high hopes for (I'm still nursing wounds from the Zach Allen decommit), but don't lash out at the kid. Or, as a wise man once said, "don't hate the player, hate the game".

Interesting. With what's going on with the NCAA investigation you have to figure SU admissions standards are being strictly adhered to. I wonder if he found that out during his visit last weekend.

Ask Cornell how this works.. Every year we have kids that cant get into Cornell that end up at Harvard/princeton/brown/yale. you would think the Ivy's would have pretty close to the same acceptance guidelines but they dont.
I would be so pissed if I wanted to go to Cornell and I had to settle for Harvard, Yale or Princeton.

already paying dividends for Gary.

@slmandel
Gary Andersen tells @dennisdoddcbs he left Wisconsin bc of the tough admissions standards. cbsprt.co/1xASz0C

Before Gary Andersen goes on, he wants to make one thing clear.

A part of his surprising departure from Wisconsin had to do with admission standards.

"It's been well [documented] there were some kids I couldn't get in school," the Badgers' former coach said. "That was highly frustrating to me. I lost some guys, and I told them I wasn't going to lose them.

"I think they did what they were supposed to do [academically] and they still couldn't get in. That was really hard to deal with."

Until this recent moment in Andersen's new Oregon State office, even that much wasn't certain. It had been referred to, but not out loud by Anderson, as the reason he left a Top 25 Big Ten gig for a Pac-12 bottom feeder.

Now we know. Admissions was probably the reason the 50-year-old Andersen arguably caused the biggest stir of the coaching silly season.

"That's not Wisconsin's fault," Andersen added. "That's Wisconsin's deal ... I want to surround myself with those kids I can get in school."

Well he will just love it when the new NCAA requirements for qualification kick in next year.

Interesting. With what's going on with the NCAA investigation you have to figure SU admissions standards are being strictly adhered to. I wonder if he found that out during his visit last weekend.

Coach Scott Shafer @Coach_Shafer · Jan 18
Congratulations to our Team for attaining the highest GPA and APR scores in over a decade! #OrangeNation

I think you are looking at the wrong SU sport. ;)

Considering Florida is striking out left and right I assume Davis will ultimately end up at Florida.
Agree. I'm sure they're using early playing time as a huge recruiting tool.

Ha. Hahaha. Hahahaha. HAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man, that's too good.

Watch, they're going to ask him to play OL -- their backup plan for Clark.

Talk about dodged a bullet here. He's one of 9 Florida players charged with felony fraudulent use of stolen credit cards

Florida standout receiver Antonio Callaway used a stolen credit card to add $1,970 to his campus bookstore prepaid account and then used the money to purchase a high-end computer and fancy headphones, according to university police.

Now he’s facing two third-degree felony charges and potentially the end of his college football career.

According to Alachua County court records, sworn complaints were filed Monday against Callaway and eight teammates, including linebacker Ventrell Miller — a Kathleen grad who was the The Ledger’s 2015 defensive player of the year. The players were suspended indefinitely in August. The State Attorney’s Office will investigate before deciding whether to formally charge the players.

"Running back Jordan Scarlett, defensive lineman Keivonnis Davis, defensive lineman Richerd Desir-Jones, linebacker James Houston, receiver Rick Wells and Miller also are facing felony charges that include fraudulent use of a credit card and identity theft. Each of them made one charge with a stolen credit card number, ranging in value from $500 to $2,000, authorities said."

Scarlett, the team’s leading rusher in 2016, transferred $1,940 to his girlfriend’s bookstore account and made a purchase similar to Callaway’s, police said. Scarlett told his girlfriend the money came from an agent in New York."

Felony fraud complaints filed against 9 suspended Gators, including Kathleen grad

Talk about dodged a bullet here. He's one of 9 Florida players charged with felony fraudulent use of stolen credit cards

Florida standout receiver Antonio Callaway used a stolen credit card to add $1,970 to his campus bookstore prepaid account and then used the money to purchase a high-end computer and fancy headphones, according to university police.

Now he’s facing two third-degree felony charges and potentially the end of his college football career.

According to Alachua County court records, sworn complaints were filed Monday against Callaway and eight teammates, including linebacker Ventrell Miller — a Kathleen grad who was the The Ledger’s 2015 defensive player of the year. The players were suspended indefinitely in August. The State Attorney’s Office will investigate before deciding whether to formally charge the players.

"Running back Jordan Scarlett, defensive lineman Keivonnis Davis, defensive lineman Richerd Desir-Jones, linebacker James Houston, receiver Rick Wells and Miller also are facing felony charges that include fraudulent use of a credit card and identity theft. Each of them made one charge with a stolen credit card number, ranging in value from $500 to $2,000, authorities said."

Scarlett, the team’s leading rusher in 2016, transferred $1,940 to his girlfriend’s bookstore account and made a purchase similar to Callaway’s, police said. Scarlett told his girlfriend the money came from an agent in New York."

Felony fraud complaints filed against 9 suspended Gators, including Kathleen grad
Actually that's two bullets dodge as SU also offered Desir-Jones.

Class of 2015 - DT Richerd Desir-Jones (FL) Offered