Class of 2014 - DE Kyle Forde (FL) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DE Kyle Forde (FL) Offered

I just saw that...
http://preps.heraldtribune.com/2013/10/12/fernies-highlight-notable-players-coaches/

"Defensive Player of the Season. Someday soon we may be watching IMG Academy’s Kyle Forde perform on Saturday afternoons. But for now, the senior has owned most Friday nights.
The Toronto-born Forde is putting up silly numbers from his defensive end position. Heading into the Ascenders’ Friday night game against Lake Minneola, and including their Kickoff Classic against Palm Beach Lakes, the 6-foot, 223-pound Forde had compiled 15.5 quarterback sacks, tops in the area and the state.
He’s augmented that with 53 tackles (19 for losses) and three forced fumbles. We would have preferred highlighting an area-born player, but Forde’s domination has been too overwhelming to ignore."

I just saw that...
http://preps.heraldtribune.com/2013/10/12/fernies-highlight-notable-players-coaches/

"Defensive Player of the Season. Someday soon we may be watching IMG Academy’s Kyle Forde perform on Saturday afternoons. But for now, the senior has owned most Friday nights.
The Toronto-born Forde is putting up silly numbers from his defensive end position. Heading into the Ascenders’ Friday night game against Lake Minneola, and including their Kickoff Classic against Palm Beach Lakes, the 6-foot, 223-pound Forde had compiled 15.5 quarterback sacks, tops in the area and the state.
He’s augmented that with 53 tackles (19 for losses) and three forced fumbles. We would have preferred highlighting an area-born player, but Forde’s domination has been too overwhelming to ignore."
I wonder how good the competition is for IMG?

I wonder how good the competition is for IMG?

One of the sites that shall not be named did a piece on IMG a few days ago.

Something like 8 of their 11 games were played against playoff teams, a couple of them played in their class' state championship game.

Looks like only us and Nevada have offered so far. I would guess he is ours if we want him.

One of the sites that shall not be named did a piece on IMG a few days ago.

Something like 8 of their 11 games were played against playoff teams, a couple of them played in their class' state championship game.

Looks like only us and Nevada have offered so far. I would guess he is ours if we want him.
backup plan for Slayton I assume

backup plan for Slayton I assume

At 6'0", 220, sounds more like a backup plan at LB for the other 2 LB's (Thomas and Sykes) that may end up elsewhere.

At 6'0", 220, sounds more like a backup plan at LB for the other 2 LB's (Thomas and Sykes) that may end up elsewhere.
His Hudl says 6'1 238, and he looks much closer to 240 on his film than he does 220. Actually think his film was really good. Got some good explosion, tracks the runningback well from behind, and has a good blend of size/speed. Wouldn't mind having him on the squad at all, with our without Slayton

because they didn't have one. It was just Edge & Christian.
What about when they were first starting and hanging with the vampire guy (Gangrel, I think)? I think the whole group had a name. And maybe included The Acolytes, which was Ron Simmons (former FSU NT, getting us back on topic) and ____?

because they didn't have one. It was just Edge & Christian.

What about when they were first starting and hanging with the vampire guy (Gangrel, I think)? I think the whole group had a name. And maybe included The Acolytes, which was Ron Simmons (former FSU NT, getting us back on topic) and ____?

Yep I knew they had one.

THE BROOD

IMG-22.jpg

max preps rates this school as one of the finest in the country.

The IMG Academy Ascenders football team (7-1) ventured north to take on the Trinity Christian Conquerors (6-1) of Jacksonville, Fla. on Oct. 18. Led by 2015 consensus five-star prospects Jeff Holland and Kevin Toliver, II, and senior Louisville commit Isaiah Ford, it would prove to the be the Ascenders' toughest test to date. After a defensive struggle in the first half, the Ascenders took its first lead of the game in the third quarter after a 38-yard TD pass from QB Michael O'Connor to Bo Scarbrough to go up 9-8. However, Trinity answered with a pair of touchdowns in the fourth quarter, both by Conquerors WR Isaiah Ford, who tallied end-around touchdowns of 16 and 17-yards in back-to-back possessions. The Ascenders rallied late, but could not recover the lead, falling short toTrinity by a score of 27-24.On the night, Alabama commit Bo Scarbrough notched one rushing touchdown on a 10-yard draw midway through the fourth quarter, bringing him to 16 total rushing scores on the season. Penn State commit Michael O'Connor finished with two touchdown passes, his second coming late in the fourth to RB Jack Wegher to get the Ascenders within three. O'Connor now has 15 touchdown passes on the season.The Football program will have a chance to regroup with a bye week, before returning to action for the final regular season home game of the season on Halloween night against Clearwater Central Catholic, Oct. 31 at 7:00 p.m. The game will be televised regionally by Brighthouse Sports Network (Brighthouse Channel 47 and 1147). Get your tickets now by clicking HERE - See more at: http://www.imgacademy.com/latest-he...tle-trinity-christian-27#sthash.Mnjuo4Qj.dpuf

They play against top talent all season.

I went to a winter baseball clinic down there about a decade ago. The facilities were impressive but I believe during that time they were more focused on tennis, seems they are adding new programs though. I watched the Williams sisters training for a while, that was fun.

I went to a winter baseball clinic down there about a decade ago. The facilities were impressive but I believe during that time they were more focused on tennis, seems they are adding new programs though. I watched the Williams sisters training for a while, that was fun.
Basketball signee Chris McCullough just enrolled there to finish up his prep career before coming here in the summer.

Basketball signee Chris McCullough just enrolled there to finish up his prep career before coming here in the summer.
I was waiting for it:)

But I am surprised that nobody has compared him to Dwight in size, sack numbers. Potential is what I like here. Could be a real Gem.

His Hudl says 6'1 238, and he looks much closer to 240 on his film than he does 220. Actually think his film was really good. Got some good explosion, tracks the runningback well from behind, and has a good blend of size/speed. Wouldn't mind having him on the squad at all, with our without Slayton

Oh, I definitely want him. I think we get Slayton. I don't think we get Thomas or Sykes.

With Forde having an offer, they obviously want a bunch of LB's in this class. When Jaboree stayed with Wake, I bet that is when he got the offer.

I wonder if that one day camp Marrone had in Ottawa 2 years ago is part of the reason for these offers to Canadian players...coaching contacts. Forde was playing at Pickering in Ajax before transferring to IMG.