AGILE
SIZE
VERY STRONG
AGGRESSIVE
GOOD TACKLING SKILLS

GOOD OFFER

So he’s at a Canadian JuCo?
Huh Idek they played JuCo in Canada.
I mean of course they do I just never stopped to think about it.
Would love to get him.

So he’s at a Canadian JuCo?
Huh Idek they played JuCo in Canada.
I mean of course they do I just never stopped to think about it.
Would love to get him.

I think we recruited a safety from Vanier a few years ago. He showed some promise but transferred out. Also, the secondary/higher system is different in Quebec than US.

I think we recruited a safety from Vanier a few years ago. He showed some promise but transferred out. Also, the secondary/higher system is different in Quebec than US.

This is correct. The way I have heard it explained is that there is the equivalent of a grade 13 in Canada that does not affect eligibility for US colleges for athletes.

Ben LaBrosse came out of Vanier and he enrolled as a freshman. Others have also done this in the past.

This is correct. The way I have heard it explained is that there is the equivalent of a grade 13 in Canada that does not affect eligibility for US colleges for athletes.

Ben LaBrosse came out of Vanier and he enrolled as a freshman. Others have also done this in the past.

Grade Thirteen, known as the Ontario Academic Credit (OAC), was phased out 20 years ago (the double cohort year of highschool grads was a wild time for University applicants).

Now Quebec is the only province or territory that has any level of schooling (CEGEP) after Grade Twelve and before University, however it is not mandatory (this depends on what courses were taken in highschool and what University and program one is applying to).

CEGEP is still a popular choice and the highest calibre of non-university football in Canada.

Considering no one asked, this is probably more than enough information - but I’m happy to provide more .

Wonder how the pecking order is stacked. Seems we have a number of DEs in the fold and two other big names, Nathan being one, who we are after.

CEGEP is junior college between high school and university. Quebec is a little different from the rest of Canada as high school only goes to grade 11 and CEGEP is two years of prep for university.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom