Class of 2018 - DE Randy Charlton (FL) Committed to FIU, Indiana, and now UCF | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DE Randy Charlton (FL) Committed to FIU, Indiana, and now UCF

And you actually have one. I can see it in your picture. I believe you really are a wizard, I’ve seen things!:)
So belief with evidence. ;)

And I wouldn't go around telling people that you are "seeing things".

That's ridiculous!
I've seen 7 d1 baseball players on the same roster(undefeated).. I thought that was nearly impossible, and this is normal, for them. Wow.

Last February, Hoover High School (Birmingham, AL) had THIRTEEN (13) football players sign.

None of the thirteen signed with P5 school, which is an anomaly for Hoover, but that's still a HUGE number.

Oh, and they also had THIRTY FIVE students overall earn scholarships - with 4 in soccer and 7 in baseball.

http://www.otmj.com/hoover-high-school-signing-day/

Stop looking at the stupid crystal ball.

I do for entertainment purposes but people should admit there are a couple of writers who have a pretty good track record and are dialed in to their areas.

Stop looking at the stupid crystal ball.
I only look when it tells me what I want to hear...doh! If it doesn't, they must be wrong, so I can continue to wallow in my own ignorance.

With what they have up, now. I don't want to look at all.

I feel like indiana mustve thrown money or promised him his number overnight. How else could he switch back to indiana so quickly?

I do for entertainment purposes but people should admit there are a couple of writers who have a pretty good track record and are dialed in to their areas.
And most of those writers look at what the local guys say and switch without any thought. It's a flawed system (although Wiltfong usually knows his stuff)

And most of those writers look at what the local guys say and switch without any thought. It's a flawed system (although Wiltfong usually knows his stuff)

agreed, most just bandwagon jump. I generally pay attention to Wiltfong and a couple of the others with regards to recruits in their respective markets.

The reality is that Jake Pickard and Josh Black are the two "heaviest" DE's on the team at 250. It's been mentioned here more than once that JP has attempted to gain size so he can make the move inside but hasn't had any luck. My point was...I doubt that any of the current DE's have the body type to add 50/plus pounds necessary to be effective inside.

Last edited:
nothing wrong with it at all. As long as the offense is running a power veer and throw the ball 5 times the whole game.

JJ Watt plays around 280... Joey Bosa is 280... Calais Campbell is 300 (also 6'8")

JJ Watt plays around 280... Joey Bosa is 280... Calais Campbell is 300 (also 6'8")
Your naming NFL players who are the most elite of elite. They are 6'6/ 6'5 280 pounds but run 4.6 40's. They can bend, twist and re direct with the best of them. Im referring to college DE's. Im not saying it cant happen but its not the norm these days.

Last edited:
Your naming NFL players who are the most elite of elite. They are at 280 pounds but run 4.6, 4.7 40's. The can bend, twist and run with the best of them. Im referring to college DE's. Im not saying it cant happen but its not the norm these days.
I didn't think JJ Watt had a reputation for speed. If Black hasn't lost any speed with his weight gain, I hope we're able to keep him at end.

I didn't think JJ Watt had a reputation for speed. If Black hasn't lost any speed with his weight gain, I hope we're able to keep him at end.
Its not about pure speed. lol Its about the required movements at that weight. Can he consistently run sideline to sideline at top speed? Bending and running to cut off angles, setting the edge on outside zone plays, redirecting and closing in on zone reads, QB pulls and boot passes. If he can at 6'3 285. Then he can get drafted right now. Thats what the JJ Watts of the world can do.

Last edited:
I kinda like our young DEs, and they’re all back next year.

Call me crazy but I have a couple other positions higher on the priority list than DE.

I'm in the same boat. We've got some good young depth at that position. I would love to see us add Charlton to that group, but if it doesn't happen, it isn't the end of the world.

Early enrollee? +++

We finished last year with Guthrie playing End. I think we dressed 3 Ends in the BC game including the LB.

IMO he’s a priority position and I’ll be disappointed if we miss out.

Last edited:
Early enrollee?

We finished last year with Guthrie playing End. I think we dressed 3 Ends in the BC game including the LB.

IMO he’s a priority position and I’ll be disappointed if we miss out.
I agree. I just don’t like that he has his fellow DE team mate committed to them already. We have Fagan. So hopefully that evens it out.

I agree. I just don’t like that he has his fellow DE team mate committed to them already. We have Fagan. So hopefully that evens it out.

I assume Fagan hosted him and I like having the last crack at it. Timing I think was good. Not confident but fingers crossed.

You do know he was playing DT before his injury right?
I didn't. Was that because of our lack of depth there? He played at DE as a freshman, right?