Class of 2024 - DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23) | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23)

I gave you a "Like" for the overall post, but it makes me sad. I lost my Mom this April at 76 (unexpected) and my step-father (father for all intents and purposes) is lost without her and I don't know if he will make it another year. All this HCFB and crazy recruiting is a wonderful distraction, but it is just that. Both my parents were HUGE SU FBall, BBall, and LAX fans. He is a SU/ESF grad and went to school with Boeheim and Bing. He still likes talking about SU sports, but it's like an oasis in a desert of grief.

Sorry for the self-pitying tangent...

May you enjoy your twilight years and find pleasure in the moment or in happy memories. We can share the fun of this moment together...with all of our fellow Orange fanatics.

Peace, my friend.
Lost my roommate a couple months ago, we were friends for almost 50 years.
But have always lived my life day to day, wake up in the morning can put 2 feet on the ground. Thank you I will have a good day.
Sorry for your loss, my dad was only 53 when he died, I was 26.
I'm in a senior bowling league on Wednesday at Flamingo, been in it almost 20 years. We have great times and grew up with most of these people.
As I have said to Steve we grew up with Ben, had a great time with Mac and Coach P.
Really didn't think we would get to see a rebirth in my time.
So let's just enjoy what Fran might bring to us as Fans.
Sorry for being longwinded.

I gave you a "Like" for the overall post, but it makes me sad. I lost my Mom this April at 76 (unexpected) and my step-father (father for all intents and purposes) is lost without her and I don't know if he will make it another year. All this HCFB and crazy recruiting is a wonderful distraction, but it is just that. Both my parents were HUGE SU FBall, BBall, and LAX fans. He is a SU/ESF grad and went to school with Boeheim and Bing. He still likes talking about SU sports, but it's like an oasis in a desert of grief.

Sorry for the self-pitying tangent...

May you enjoy your twilight years and find pleasure in the moment or in happy memories. We can share the fun of this moment together...with all of our fellow Orange fanatics.

Peace, my friend.
Hershey: I am sorry for your loss. Not sure where your stepdad lives, but in Syracuse there is a wonderful group called “Hope for Bereaved.” It’s a terrific support group for folks trying to work through their grief. You may want to help him find a similar group where he lives.

Hershey: I am sorry for your loss. Not sure where your stepdad lives, but in Syracuse there is a wonderful group called “Hope for Bereaved.” It’s a terrific support group for folks trying to work through their grief. You may want to help him find a similar group where he lives.
Thank you, counselor. I very much appreciate both the thought and you actually reaching out. Too often we have the former but fail on the latter.

I will see if there is something similar in his area (it's still my heart's home, too:(). FYI: Home is in Fayetteville. Like many in his generation, especially the men, he is a very private individual, and as such not very open to the idea of therapy, even if it is less formal such as a support group. But, I will look into it and broach the idea with him. Maybe the pain of the Holidays will allow him to at least give it due consideration.

Thank you once again, and may you have a warm, happy and peaceful Holiday season.

David

Thank you, counselor. I very much appreciate both the thought and you actually reaching out. Too often we have the former but fail on the latter.

I will see if there is something similar in his area (it's still my heart's home, too:(). FYI: Home is in Fayetteville. Like many in his generation, especially the men, he is a very private individual, and as such not very open to the idea of therapy, even if it is less formal such as a support group. But, I will look into it and broach the idea with him. Maybe the pain of the Holidays will allow him to at least give it due consideration.

Thank you once again, and may you have a warm, happy and peaceful Holiday season.

David
I am posting the url here for all, but will message you as well. I hope all of you will come to peace with your loss, in time.

John

I certainly hope it was clear I was being sarcastic. Just bustin' your chops for the mistake and the fact that in a bizarre way, it still made some sense. And I absolutely respect my elders, but I frequently don't know who they are on these forums! (FWIW, 56yo)
Of course, I think I felt the bustin' on your initial response. Please forgive me for the tardy response, I've been so fixed on the following each offer here that I only, just now, found the above response, and your sharing. You have my deep sympathy.

I am 77 and likely was on campus doing my graduate work when your Dad was doing his with SUNY/Syracuse. If memory serves, the building was behind the Dome? Anyway, I received my Master Degree in Social Work 1974, went to work at Hutchings, received the required hours of supervision, sat for my licensing exam, and received my license February, 1975. So, the advice from Tuttle is worthy of pursuing. Also, your own solution of following the minute to minute happenings here is addicting and exciting, replacing to some degree the painful thoughts.

Be well and believe that all things will pass eventually. I retired a while ago and replaced my activities with new ones and found great comfort in adopting a rescue dog. Meh, everyone is different in what works. You will find yours brother and your father will find his. Hang in there.

I recall seeing King post on this site that he would release his choice on Dec. 19. Now, if that wasn't an error, signing begins Dec. 20.

Of course, I think I felt the bustin' on your initial response. Please forgive me for the tardy response, I've been so fixed on the following each offer here that I only, just now, found the above response, and your sharing. You have my deep sympathy.

I am 77 and likely was on campus doing my graduate work when your Dad was doing his with SUNY/Syracuse. If memory serves, the building was behind the Dome? Anyway, I received my Master Degree in Social Work 1974, went to work at Hutchings, received the required hours of supervision, sat for my licensing exam, and received my license February, 1975. So, the advice from Tuttle is worthy of pursuing. Also, your own solution of following the minute to minute happenings here is addicting and exciting, replacing to some degree the painful thoughts.

Be well and believe that all things will pass eventually. I retired a while ago and replaced my activities with new ones and found great comfort in adopting a rescue dog. Meh, everyone is different in what works. You will find yours brother and your father will find his. Hang in there.
Thank you so much for your kind words.

It’s amazing the number of good souls posting or lurking on these forums. We might be a little, uhh, “unhinged” at times as we cheer on our beloved Orange. In the heat of the moment some even say things out of character, but most often as the blood pressure returns to normal, so does our better judgment and civility. (If not, the Mods or the ignore button will offer a fix).

But the amount of support for our teams, and in turn for each other never ceases to amaze me. I, too, have tried to offer the same to others at various times when I have seen the need, as you did this evening. We can’t eliminate all the darkness in this world, but lighting even a corner matters for those who can, even briefly, escape the darkness.

I’m tired, and I’m rambling as a result. There are a lot of emotions competing for attention and I can’t keep my thoughts organized so I’m going to sign off.

Again, thank you for your words, wisdom, and well wishes.

Happy holidays, good health, and peace to you and yours.

Most respectfully,

David

I am posting the url here for all, but will message you as well. I hope all of you will come to peace with your loss, in time.

John
I just skipped a few pages and just seeing this.. I lost my wife in 2014 and I went to hope for the bereaved.. if i can help any one in anyway please reach out to me..

I know we all seemed to think KingJoseph was a lock. Did he wait to long to commit? Seems we have gotten a ton of edge rushers recently and we still have Diggs that may transfer. Just curious if we even have room for both him and Diggs now that Diggs younger brother, Heard, Brown... in addition to Graham.

Im Fatim Diggs and Heard probably play OLB. But just seems like a lot of pash rushers

I certainly hope it was clear I was being sarcastic. Just bustin' your chops for the mistake and the fact that in a bizarre way, it still made some sense. And I absolutely respect my elders, but I frequently don't know who they are on these forums! (FWIW, 56yo)
Wait, you're 56?! How can that be as I'm still in my 30s!

Wait, you're 56?! How can that be as I'm still in my 30s!
Well, it sounds like you're aging like fine wine! I am aging like milk;).
1702914078914.jpeg

I know we all seemed to think KingJoseph was a lock. Did he wait to long to commit? Seems we have gotten a ton of edge rushers recently and we still have Diggs that may transfer. Just curious if we even have room for both him and Diggs now that Diggs younger brother, Heard, Brown... in addition to Graham.

Im Fatim Diggs and Heard probably play OLB. But just seems like a lot of pash rushers
I feel quite confident the staff is aware of kings plans.

Again, just because a kid hasn’t made things public doesn’t mean their intentions aren’t known.

Somebody mentioned it the other day, we are recruiting a different caliber of kid, the kind of kid who likes to have hats on a table and put one on his head in front of a crowd. If we are going after that kind of kid, then that means they won’t be making anything “public” until that moment. Doesn’t mean the staff isn’t aware of their decision

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom