Class of 2019 - DE/TE Steven Linton (GA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DE/TE Steven Linton (GA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19

Welcome to Syracuse University Football young Mr. Linton, a very smart decision on you and your families part. Now work hard and show up ready to make Syracuse University Football a power in the ACC. Go Orange!!!!!!!!

Dear Steven,

1548619645269-jpeg.151360

That's 4 excellent recruits filling areas of need on 2nd signing day. Plus these guys can all redshirt (+4 Games). We are building depth. Bravo coaching staff. This level of athlete we're recruiting now was not available to us in Dec. 2015. I should rephrase: They were available to us, they just weren't paying any attention to us. We are light years from when Dino first set foot on campus.

Did he for some reason think that was the Tennessee state flag and not the University of Tennessee flag?
No. It's the University of Tennessee at Martin...so technically, kinda sorta he committed to the University of Tennessee. ;)

Really happy this worked out, looks like he has a lot of upside to work with. The depth we're building on the D Line is really nice.

Really happy this worked out, looks like he has a lot of upside to work with. The depth we're building on the D Line is really nice.
Thanks for updating the Recruits and Offers thread - helpful list that I refer to often. After reading your post in Overall Thoughts, I have a couple questions if/when you get a chance to comment. Do you see Dawson playing DL or OL? Do you think Rondi can help early on the DL interior? And what are the chances that Tauzama (early enrollee), Linton or one of the other DL recruits will contribute this year?

Lastly, you mentioned Benson. To me he's one of the most under-the-radar recruits we've gotten in a while - speed at TE that we haven't had since Geds. Sleeper of the class, IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks for updating the Recruits and Offers thread - helpful list that I refer to often. After reading your post in Overall Thoughts, I have a couple questions if/when you get a chance to comment. Do you see Dawson playing DL or OL? Do you think Rondi can help early on the DL interior? And what are the chances that Tauzama (early enrollee), Linton or one of the other DL recruits will contribute this year?

Lastly, you mentioned Benson. To me he's one of the most under-the-radar recruits we've gotten in a while - speed at TE that we haven't had since Geds. Sleeper of the class, IMO.

DLine is tricky because if you look at the recruits we've brought in, most of them are going to benefit from a year in the weight room - Linton and Munoz in particular. Gun to my head - I think Tuazama has to be the lead candidate to immediately hit the 2 deep because he has a year head start as far as maturity and he is an early enrollee so he'll be in the weight program for 7-8 months before the season starts. But even with him it's tricky because I'm not completely sure if he is pegged to be a DT or a DE - and maybe even the staff isn't sure yet, might peg completely on his ability to put on quality weight. But if I had to choose I'd pick him to see the field the earliest. I definitely think Dawson plays DL - it's where he wants to be and he has a chip on his shoulder to prove it's where he belongs.

Benson has all the tools and could be a mismatch nightmare in this offense. Sky's the limit for him if he develops.

Excited about this kid, I think our S&C program is gonna turn him into a monster on our DL.

I'd let him slide on the U of S...that's how his coach put it...
With all the mishandled Syracuse University malapropisms, maybe we should start thinking about changing it to the University of Syracuse. This is US.
You know how capital city names have changed over the years Peking to Beijing, Bombay to Mumbai-it’s just the way of the world now.
Orangemen to Orange...ouch.
USO: The University of Syracuse Orange.
Never mind. Bad idea.
And as much as we love Otto - the Saltine Warrior. Am I right?

With all the mishandled Syracuse University malapropisms, maybe we should start thinking about changing it to the University of Syracuse. This is US.
You know how capital city names have changed over the years Peking to Beijing, Bombay to Mumbai-it’s just the way of the world now.
Orangemen to Orange...ouch.
USO: The University of Syracuse Orange.
Never mind. Bad idea.
And as much as we love Otto - the Saltine Warrior. Am I right?
Don't forget Jonathan Kingsley to Kingsley Jonathan