Deadspin's take | Syracusefan.com

Deadspin's take

I don't know how I feel about their depiction of Otto.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

That's pretty much my favorite article ever.
And just reassures me we will face severe punishment approximately never.

Calls the Yahoo! story the "idiot backwoods cousin" to the SI story on UCLA.

Or, as I've been saying, UCLA is the Penn State to our, um, Syracuse. And Yahoo is ESPN, Pat Forde is Mark Schwarz, etc., etc.

Finally, some sanity.
This "scandal" is more about breaking "something" in the media, than anything else.
Its fascinating that the crack Yahoo journalists were "directed" to this story while working on the BF angle, when the whole time, SU had already self-reported to the NCAA. They were hoping for a major splash & the NCAA launching an immediate investigation based on their "reporting". They must be very disappointed today.
BTW- if you wanna know how f-d up the media is, ESPN's headline reads:
"NCAA Inquiry of Syracuse UNDERWAY".
Yes...the same "inquiry" that was never announced by the NCAA and has been going on since last year.
Seriously, at this point they're just making this up. :bang:

Where did they get the OTTO costume! That must be our informant!

I am offended by this article as I did once work as a Zale's rent-a-cop. The job lasted one day and I was fired - but still. Otherwise an awesome article.

Email that article to your friends. Better yet, email it to your enemies.

Is it a sign of the apocalypse when a writer at a site called Deadspin produces a far better article than his "investigative" colleagues at more 'reputable' sites? I mean, this guy hits it out of the park in what was supposed to be a sarcastic sucker punch to Pat Forde and the NCAA. Bravo.

looks like Otto peed a lemon
original.jpg

not sure if that is a banned substance, but I'm pretty damn sure it musta been painful

looks like Otto peed a lemon
original.jpg

not sure if that is a banned substance, but I'm pretty damn sure it musta been painful
I have to assume otto is a male (aside from the name, the urinals) and has the ureter the size of a football, where the his piece may be.

Is it a sign of the apocalypse when a writer at a site called Deadspin produces a far better article than his "investigative" colleagues at more 'reputable' sites? I mean, this guy hits it out of the park in what was supposed to be a sarcastic sucker punch to Pat Forde and the NCAA. Bravo.

Deadspin has been ko'ing ESPN and Yahoo out for a while. You betta ask somebody.

I love the Officer Krupke reference! this guy gets it! a great article!

I'm glad someone makes sense. It reminds me of the line in The American President where Douglas's character says, "So let me get this straight: Let me see if I got this. The third story on the news tonight was that someone I didn't know thirteen years ago when I wasn't president participated in a demonstration where no laws were being broken in protest of something that so many people were against, it doesn't exist anymore. Just out of curiosity, what was the fourth story?
I hate the media.

I am emailing this to all my friends across the country who are wanting to know what I knew and when I knew it, when all I want to do is pack my bags and get ready for NYC! Thank you for finding this delicious response!

I don't know how I feel about their depiction of Otto.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

A number of years ago, I was attending the SU/Toledo football game in Toledo. Sat with BEES' brother, courtesy of tickets from Rick if I recall. Anyway, near the end of the game a Toledo player collapsed on the field. Later it turned out to be an asthma attack or something. A hush fell over the crowd and the game was ultimately suspended early.

At any rate, I was standing near the top of the lower deck while all this was going on and I looked over to my right and there was Otto. He waved at me and sauntered into the mens's room.

As God is my witness, until that point it never occurred to me that Otto had a penis...

I am offended by this article as I did once work as a Zale's rent-a-cop. The job lasted one day and I was fired - but still. Otherwise an awesome article.
Sue EM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom