Dean Francis new podcast out there... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Dean Francis new podcast out there...

Think some are missing the point. You CAN post about it. Nobody can stop you(unless the mods chose to). But now we’ve got no podcast. So why is it so hard to just not post certain things if it can potentially effect whether there’s a podcast or not?

This thread started off simply, and for a good purpose - to bring us all together as Syracuse fans with a little extra knowledge. I am pretty sure that's why most of us came here in the first place. :)

This thread started off simply, and for a good purpose - to bring us all together as Syracuse fans with a little extra knowledge. I am pretty sure that's why most of us came here in the first place. :)
latest

:)

Last edited:
Dude, if Dean puts something on a podcast, it's not private anymore. SMH
I used to be one of those guys. I attended camps and wrote player reviews and ratings for about 6 or 7 years, including for predecessors of this site, and on this site as well. You don't need to lecture me. I know many of these folks. I know what's OK and what's not OK. I have been part of the scene, as have a fairly large handful of people on this site.
Dude, I didn't lecture you. I think if you re-read my entire response, you'll see we are in agreement. I was responding to a previous post. Again. I said, once it's out there......the limits of where info gets spread are gone.

Sad. To me, it's kind of an unwritten rule to not blabber about specifics you may hear on the pod. I kind of figured this may happen given some of the posts I saw after the pod before last. People have the right to post whatever on here that's legal and falls within the posting guidelines, but DF can simply stop providing the intel if people take liberties with his info. Not going to blame or put down folks who may have helped facilitate DF's decision, but wish folks thought twice about the potential repercussions. Now we've lost a vital channel and source of info, whether we want to acknowledge that or not.

I mean some of us hinted at a few things without spilling the beans. Fine. But, it seemed like there were a few posters who simply didn’t like what he had to say, questioned his info (which comes from a good source), and were basically calling him a liar. Also, probably the same posters or homers who didn’t like what he had to say at times about the coaches/offense/certain players/state of the program from either his eyes or his sources/outside perspective’s eyes. So they fired back here or elsewhere spreading topics like wildfire, speculated more, put him on blast when they should’ve been dealing with him directly, and compromised his source. I’ll miss those pods for sure.

Last edited:
It's not worth divulging info anymore. Either you get called a liar, called out for stealing or your source gets pooh-poohed. Why share the info you have to people who don't appreciate it?

i agree, i kind of wish we did have a premium content section where insiders would be able to post more info to people who actually appreciate it and won't call them out or give them crap, id gladly pay for that, deans podcast was incredible and it was a bargain too, i would have paid way more than $1 per month for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom