Dean Francis new podcast out there... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Dean Francis new podcast out there...

It was an honest question. No need to attack. Was just curious what his motive was behind doing the podcasts originally, etc. That's why I asked if it's his job, since his career would be at risk if he loses his insiders.

Sorry, didn't mean to attack. My bad. Probably got a little too agro over other ppl dissing him and so forth. He's been with us a long time.

I don't think this was about "stealing" content. It was more about Dean, for lack of a better word, being embarrassed that people who confided things in him thought he was out spouting the info to anybody. I can see where his contacts could get that impression when things are showing up on this board, but at least in this case, I don't think that is what happened.

The QG stuff came through a completely different path, but maybe even the innocuous statement about "that might have been what that pod was alluding to" could give someone the wrong impression about what was actually in the pod, which was essentially nothing in my opinion. But over time, I'm sure there is no way to avoid these types of misunderstandings with your sources if you are doing a semi-regular podcast.

Combine that with the fact that I do think it is true that Dean has been sensitive in the past to a few things, which included people not always fully believing him, people being negative, and people not agreeing with him. That isn't a ding on him. I think it is just that if that is your personality, being in the spotlight due to the special information you have is going to wear you down big time. All of us have felt it here. People can be crazy negative, crazy judgmental, crazy uninformed. If you are taking personal risks with your relationships to share insider information and then are met with that kind of response over and over, you don't have to be super-sensitive to say the heck with this.

I loved Dean's stuff. But I have to admit, I paid for a bunch of different recruiting services over the years. Often times Dean seemed to be "breaking news" to this board that I had seen earlier elsewhere. Was he sharing content??? He may have had totally different sources...maybe not. Did I just tune in to his posts after I read it somewhere else and he was actually 1st?????Nobody but he knows for sure.

It's sorta like if you commit a serious crime and don't get caught. You better take it to the grave. How often do you hear about the jailhouse snitch that tells what another inmate might have admitted to??? My point??? Once info is out there, the limitations on when, how or to whom it can be shared are fruitless. Are you paying for content you can't talk to anybody about??? Once you put something out there (i.e. information) kids discuss it with parents, the kids then take it to their circle of friends, neighbors tell co-workers, etc. etc..... If someone wants to keep something secret, they should not discuss it at all.....

I tell my lady cheating, drugs, alcohol, or syracusefan. There’s much worse things we could be doing with our spare time!
Aaaaand, you chose SyracuseFan.com? To each his own, I guess.
upload_2018-4-13_17-56-34.gif

Not hard to understand. You pay a measly buck to join an exclusive 'club'. The one unbreakable rule is that you don't share with non members, which means you don't post stuff on a public forum. How simple is that? It's like Fight Club without the broken bones...and yet...

Not hard to understand. You pay a measly buck to join an exclusive 'club'. The one unbreakable rule is that you don't share with non members, which means you don't post stuff on a public forum. How simple is that? It's like Fight Club without the broken bones...and yet...

I think people are getting a little carried away. We talk about what Zags, or Skout or Rivals or 24/7 or this guy or that guy says who talks about recruits all the time. I'm not saying that wholesale posts of all the content of his latest pod is cool, but this is what we are here for, on an SU basketball recruiting forum - to TALK about SU basketball recruiting. I don't really see it as that far out of bounds. People talk about what's on ESPN Insider - they just don't cut and paste from the article.

I could see Dean being sick of people being critical or questioning him about his sources. Both of those are off limits to anyone who understands how this all works. People earn their credibility over time, and constant carping by people who d0n't know who those in the know are does get tiresome.

I mean Jake and Bees offer recruiting info from time to time, and we are grateful when they do. But I would be kind of surprised that Dean "gave it all up" because of someone posting about his content on here. He used to talk about his content on here all the time. Maybe there was some content that got posted that may have annoyed or upset one of his sources. I don't know. But Dean lives this stuff, and he loves talking about it. I hope to see him back around in one form or another.

I loved Dean's stuff. But I have to admit, I paid for a bunch of different recruiting services over the years. Often times Dean seemed to be "breaking news" to this board that I had seen earlier elsewhere. Was he sharing content??? He may have had totally different sources...maybe not. Did I just tune in to his posts after I read it somewhere else and he was actually 1st?????Nobody but he knows for sure.

It's sorta like if you commit a serious crime and don't get caught. You better take it to the grave. How often do you hear about the jailhouse snitch that tells what another inmate might have admitted to??? My point??? Once info is out there, the limitations on when, how or to whom it can be shared are fruitless. Are you paying for content you can't talk to anybody about??? Once you put something out there (i.e. information) kids discuss it with parents, the kids then take it to their circle of friends, neighbors tell co-workers, etc. etc... If someone wants to keep something secret, they should not discuss it at all...
Dude you’re ridiculous! You love the guy but then basically say he’s sharing information already released from other recruiting services. You couldn’t be anymore off base. I know for a fact another recruiting site reached out to him to verify information before. So there goes your theory out the window.

Dude you’re ridiculous! You love the guy but then basically say he’s sharing information already released from other recruiting services. You couldn’t be anymore off base. I know for a fact another recruiting site reached out to him to verify information before. So there goes your theory out the window.
Again, I said I didn't know if he was. But the word discussing as opposed to sharing may be appropriate. And, unless YOU have direct discussions with someone, someone is sharing info that may or may not be intended for public consumption. ......My point is less about his sources and more about once something is out there...it will fly like wildfire. Do you ever discuss SU recruiting?? At work, grocery shopping, anywhere you encounter SU fans , it's a topic.

Again, I said I didn't know if he was. But the word discussing as opposed to sharing may be appropriate. And, unless YOU have direct discussions with someone, someone is sharing info that may or may not be intended for public consumption. ...My point is less about his sources and more about once something is out there...it will fly like wildfire. Do you ever discuss SU recruiting?? At work, grocery shopping, anywhere you encounter SU fans , it's a topic.
Yup its basketball not national defense secrets.

And, unless YOU have direct discussions with someone, someone is sharing info that may or may not be intended for public consumption. ...

Dude, if Dean puts something on a podcast, it's not private anymore. SMH
I used to be one of those guys. I attended camps and wrote player reviews and ratings for about 6 or 7 years, including for predecessors of this site, and on this site as well. You don't need to lecture me. I know many of these folks. I know what's OK and what's not OK. I have been part of the scene, as have a fairly large handful of people on this site.

I mean, it wasn’t THAT long ago that there was a paywall associated with certain content here. It still is that way with just about every other fan site on the internet. There’s no way in hell someone could take something they heard on Manley Zoo or whatever, post it in the free board, and think that’s acceptable. We are pretty lucky that some posters are willing to share info for free that on any other board would require a subscription.

A dollar a month is not a steep price to keep info to yourself.
If I buy a newspaper, I can post what I learned anywhere. Same with a magazine, etc. You can't lift a quote and not attribute it, but you are not bound to keep it to yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom