Dear 2012 SU captains | Syracusefan.com

Dear 2012 SU captains

While nothing is impossible, the parity in college basketball >>>>>>parity in college football. This would be Lehigh x10

We're hardly a Lehigh. App State beating Michigan football = Lehigh beating Duke basketball.

We're more of a Lehigh right now than the other end of the spectrum. Point is, USC will be heavily favored.

Cuse Football = Lehigh basketball

USC = Duke basketball

Win the game on September 8th and you will be remembered for years.

Anything can happen in 60 minutes. Make it happen on the 8th.
We're what Lehigh would be if they had a national championship, numerous pro and college hall of famers, and were in the top twenty of all-time winningest programs.
Just because you're an underdog doesn't mean you're a Cinderella.

We're what Lehigh would be if they had a national championship, numerous pro and college hall of famers, and were in the top twenty of all-time winningest programs.
Just because you're an underdog doesn't mean you're a Cinderella.
Not even if you've had two winning seasons in the past decade, while the team you're playing is a national power? The entire world would be shocked if we beat USC, so that would make us a Cinderella.

The thought is an excellent one - time to for SU Football to shock the world and to re-enter the upper echelon of college football - where it belongs.

I forgot about the time machine elements that come into play.

I forgot about the time machine elements that come into play.
Syracuse football can never be a Cinderella. We can be irrelevant, but with our pedigree we're royalty. Try a different story, like maybe the Iliad and the Oddesey.

royalty-man i hope not

royals are for the most part crazy as all hell from inbreeding centuries ago-

royalty-man i hope not

royals are for the most part crazy as all hell from inbreeding centuries ago-
King Otto will flip his wig at that one! :)

Cuse Football = Lehigh basketball

USC = Duke basketball

Win the game on September 8th and you will be remembered for years.

Anything can happen in 60 minutes. Make it happen on the 8th.
I fail to see how these "captains have motivated the team in the last five games. continue this crap and they will be remembered for other reasons. We can win it if they come out ready and energetic . Personally I always felt the team in any sport needed or should need inspirational talking to.Each player is responsible for giving his or her best out there.

Syracuse football can never be a Cinderella. We can be irrelevant, but with our pedigree we're royalty. Try a different story, like maybe the Iliad and the Oddesey.
Regarding the Iliad, it depends on who youwere cheering for. I never quite understood the expression "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". It seems you should ALWAYS do that. If you are a girl and there is a Trojan in there, I think the intentions of your date are rather clear. If there isn't a Trojan ,you might be dating a Santorum backer.:crazy:

If this program is royalty, then we're some vague and creepy inbred rural duke from Holland that the rest of the royals don't acknowledge. Our lineage may have once held the throne, but the current crop of upstart royals and long seated landed gentry don't take us very seriously.

If this program is royalty, then we're some vague and creepy inbred rural duke from Holland that the rest of the royals don't acknowledge. Our lineage may have once held the throne, but the current crop of upstart royals and long seated landed gentry don't take us very seriously.

at least you didnt say the Russian royals-they are dead and buried -greg "Anastasia" robinson is pretty creepy and they way he plays with stuffed animals in public might be from inbreeding:rolling:

Looking at games with players that we might be facing:

2009 - USC lost to Washington (5-7), Oregon (10-2), Stanford (8-5), and Arizona (8-5)
2010 - USC lost to Washington (7-6), Oregon (12-1), Stanford (12-1), Oregon State (5-7), and Notre Dame (8-5)
2011 - USC lost to Stanford (11-2) and Arizona State (6-7)

Oregon and Stanford were elite, but the other teams that beat them aren't much different from SU on the perception level (aside from Notre Dame, who are no longer world beaters either).

Looking at games with players that we might be facing:

2009 - USC lost to Washington (5-7), Oregon (10-2), Stanford (8-5), and Arizona (8-5)
2010 - USC lost to Washington (7-6), Oregon (12-1), Stanford (12-1), Oregon State (5-7), and Notre Dame (8-5)
2011 - USC lost to Stanford (11-2) and Arizona State (6-7)

Oregon and Stanford were elite, but the other teams that beat them aren't much different from SU on the perception level (aside from Notre Dame, who are no longer world beaters either).

Difference is Washington had an elite QB. Love Nassib, but he and Locker are worlds apart. Arizona won that game with defense. If our defense can hold USC to 17 points, I would be shocked if we lost the game.

Difference is Washington had an elite QB. Love Nassib, but he and Locker are worlds apart. Arizona won that game with defense. If our defense can hold USC to 17 points, I would be shocked if we lost the game.
Jake Locker is not an elite QB. Elite QBs don't throw for 36 yards against Nebraska. Nassib has never been that terrible in a game.

Im thinking more USA/USSR ala 1980. That was the classic amateur college kids vs Pro team. Can you honestly make a better analogy? We are amateur college kids, USC is practically a paid pro roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom