Deion Sanders may hold the key … | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Deion Sanders may hold the key …

I think Auburn would have had more luck with Deion than Hugh Freeze in the SEC again. We all know how that’s going to turn out. Delusional fan base.

The latest on Deion:

Deion Sanders confirms job offer from Colorado Buffaloes: 'They're not the only ones'​

Brent Schrotenboer USA TODAY

>Deion Sanders confirmed Monday that he has received an offer to become the next head football coach at Colorado but also said “they’re not the only ones.”<

The Jackson State football coach also said he was focused on his team’s game Saturday against Southern, implying that he wouldn’t announce a decision before then.

“Yeah, definitely the report is true,” Sanders told reporters Monday when asked about the Colorado job and if there was mutual interest. “They’re not the only ones. The report is true. I’m not going to sit in here and tell all my business, but they’re not the only ones. And I would be a liar if I told you they didn’t. You know they did. I know they did. Everybody there know they did. So it is what it is.”
Jackson State coach Deion Sanders

Colorado is coming off a 1-11 season and is seeking to regain the national relevance it had in the late 1980s and 1990s, when it was a national powerhouse program under coach Bill McCartney. To win, the Buffaloes need to recruit nationally, as they have in the past. Sanders, a Pro Football Hall of Famer and celebrity pitchman, could help them do that, instantly bringing national attention to CU after so many years as an underperforming program.
And now it’s up to him.
Follow every game: Live NCAA College Football Scores
“That’s not my focus right now,” Sanders said. “My focus is to win and to be dominant and then to not even go on to the Celebration Bowl. My focus is right here in this beloved stadium to be dominant on Saturday. That’s my focus, and I keep the main thing the main thing. And everyone that knows me know that about me. I have an innate ability to focus and keep the main thing the main thing.”
Sanders has compiled a 26-5 record in three seasons at JSU, including 11-0 this season. His team plays Saturday in the Southwestern Athletic Conference Football Championship.
Colorado fired coach Karl Dorrell last month after he went 8-15 in three seasons in Boulder.

Bronco Mendenhall is allegedly very interested in the Colorado Buffs job. It’s been reported that Colorado has offered the job to Deion. If he doesn’t accept and the Buffs turn their attention to Mendenhall, I could see a scenario where Syracuse loses one or both of Anae and/or Beck. This would be a difficult reset for the program.
So, you think Mendenhall would come in and try and raid our OC and QB coaches?

As baggerbob mentioned in his post and I state “leave SU after one year of building a successful program on its way to more success for a PAC 12 school, no TV and who knows whether the conference is going to survive?”

I understand they, Beck and Anae have a relationship with Bronco having coached together at VA, but I for one think Dr. Bob and Beck have more sense and loyalty than to leave in a cloud of dust having put in so much work to help turn our program around. If they do, I hope the door slams both of them in the ass, hard.

Stranger things have happened in the coaching world though, we’ll have to wait and see.

Stanford has its eyes on Mendenhall with David Shaw resigning after the loss to BYU. Might be more enticing as Mendenhall played for the conference at Oregon State and was also States DC.

As baggerbob mentioned in his post and I state “leave SU after one year of building a successful program on its way to more success for a PAC 12 school, no TV and who knows whether the conference is going to survive?”

I understand they, Beck and Anae have a relationship with Bronco having coached together at VA, but I for one think Dr. Bob and Beck have more sense and loyalty than to leave in a cloud of dust having put in so much work to help turn our program around. If they do, I hope the door slams both of them in the ass, hard.

Stranger things have happened in the coaching world though, we’ll have to wait and see.

Stanford has its eyes on Mendenhall with David Shaw resigning after the loss to BYU. Might be more enticing as Mendenhall played for the conference at Oregon State and was also States DC.

Bronco seems like a good fit at Stanford. Have to remember with Beck if he were offered a promotion to OC/ QB coach that may be tough to turn down and not just from Bronco. I am sure he doesn't want to be a just a QB coach for the remainder of his career.

And if Beck left for a promotion regardless of who and where it is, I don't think anybody can blame him nor would I have any ill will towards the guy. There is very little loyalty out there if any just the way the game is played.

Was Wildhack loyal to Dino or was it just a financial issue? Don't know

If Bronco is hired expect one , probably both Beck and Bob to follow him. The caveat is that if Beck wants an OC job only one goes.

If Bronco is hired expect one , probably both Beck and Bob to follow him. The caveat is that if Beck wants an OC job only one goes.
I could live with any of it as it's just the way it goes but Anae leaving and Coach Beck promoted to OC would be fine. Beck's resume would make one think he's ready for the promotion

Just have to wait and see how it all plays out. Just me but I think the gypsy lifestyle is easier for Anae at this point than Beck but we shall see

I could live with any of it as it's just the way it goes but Anae leaving and Coach Beck promoted to OC would be fine. Beck's resume would make one think he's ready for the promotion

Just have to wait and see how it all plays out

Beck leaving means Sellers is as well.

I understand the score and I think if Anae leaves you offer Beck the OC spot which probably doubles his pay as well and with a young family who just uprooted last year it might be the right fit for him to stay awhile.

Just don't know

The key is who Bronco prefers, but yeah...a young family adapting again would be tough..

Maybe Dino is being considered as a replacement for Boeheim so he can install orange is the new fast with the BB squad.

giphy.gif

I understand the score and I think if Anae leaves you offer Beck the OC spot which probably doubles his pay as well and with a young family who just uprooted last year it might be the right fit for him to stay awhile.

Just don't know but buckle up

Yeah I agree with this. They’re at different points in life between family and careers. I don’t see any reason for Beck to leave to be a QB coach still when he can stay and be OC potentially for as long as he wants. All of these coaches bounce around but why bounce to another school for the same position when you can take (where assuming this happens) a promotion and you have a young family. Doesn’t make any sense in a coaching world that makes no sense anyway.

Yeah I agree with this. They’re at different points in life between family and careers. I don’t see any reason for Beck to leave to be a QB coach still when he can stay and be OC potentially for as long as he wants. All of these coaches bounce around but why bounce to another school for the same position when you can take (where assuming this happens) a promotion and you have a young family. Doesn’t make any sense in a coaching world that makes no sense anyway.

and who knows what was discussed prior to Anae/ beck coming to Syracuse either. Anae might be a 2 year guy and Beck knows this etc.

and who knows what was discussed prior to Anae/ beck coming to Syracuse either. Anae might be a 2 year guy and Beck knows this etc.
Look Dino did Bronco a favor took care of the two people who had been with him for many years. I believe these two are friends and Bronco seems like a real Gentleman, so I don't believe Anae and Beck would be leaving.