DeJaun Coleman... | Syracusefan.com

DeJaun Coleman...

Bayside44

When does he come back?

A player who at least will get some respect on the blocks will be helpful for us. Even if it's for 8 minutes.

He just started practicing last Thursday.

I wouldn't expect to see him much against Marquette, but he should be able to contribute some against Louisville.

When does he come back?

A player who at least will get some respect on the blocks will be helpful for us. Even if it's for 8 minutes.

He'll be lucky to see 3 mins per game when he comes back.

He isnt starting the rest of the year. I think he will see some time monday though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, but has Coleman commanded respect on the block at any point this year?

It'll be huge for him to get game action (though I'm not holding my breath that he'll be so lucky). Helping us on offense, that might be a bit much to hope for.

I'm sorry, but has Coleman commanded respect on the block at any point this year?

It'll be huge for him to get game action (though I'm not holding my breath that he'll be so lucky). Helping us on offense, that might be a bit much to hope for.
I think DC can get some offensive put backs, which is more than our current centers are giving us.

I think DC can get some offensive put backs, which is more than our current centers are giving us.

6 rebounds in 55 minutes of Big East play. 3 offensive. I think our current centers topped those numbers in the first half yesterday fwiw.

5-12 from the field.

Now, with that being said, I'm okay with getting him involved. In fact I would encourage it. I think we need to get our big mean involved - I think like Rak, DC seemed to play with a bit more fire when they got him involved.

Which the guards really didn't do much for anyone.

I also don't think Rak missing a two foot turnaround, or DC getting blocked in the post is all that big of a deal, the reps may help, and it's still probably a higher chance of converting than the ridiculous threes we take early in the shot clock.

On a team where nobody scores efficiently I think getting it inside is never a bad idea. We know what our guards are capable of when they're pounding the ball into the floor - if our bigs get an opportunity to improve that's the one thing that could help this team evolve a bit. And I think they play better when they touch the ball - which pays dividends even if they can't convert.

We need to feed him and Christmas early on in games. Even if it isn't working. They both work their butts off to get good position and I'd much rather give them a chance to do something than continue to shoot 3s.

When has this ever happened in SU history? We never feed the post... you have to be an uber stud to get a post pass on an SU squad.

I think we need to scrap the Grant starting experiment (Sorry Jerami fanboys) he's going to be great but he just doesnt fit on a team that already has pieces that dont fit together. Southerland might be our second most talented player behind MCW, just start him already. MCW/Triche/CJ/JS/Rak with Grant spelling CJ/JS for a few minutes each, Cooney spelling MCW/Triche for a few minutes a game and DC2 spelling Rak even though that wont happen and Keita will still play 3/4 of the game inexplicably.

When has this ever happened in SU history? We never feed the post... you have to be an uber stud to get a post pass on an SU squad.

I think in years past though we had a PG that tended to do a better job of getting them in position to score. Maybe I'm wrong - but I think Scoop was better at facilitating and getting the ball to whomever was manning the 5 spot.

I think we need to scrap the Grant starting experiment (Sorry Jerami fanboys) he's going to be great but he just doesnt fit on a team that already has pieces that dont fit together. Southerland might be our second most talented player behind MCW, just start him already. MCW/Triche/CJ/JS/Rak with Grant spelling CJ/JS for a few minutes each, Cooney spelling MCW/Triche for a few minutes a game and DC2 spelling Rak even though that wont happen and Keita will still play 3/4 of the game inexplicably.
Sounds good.

Give me a post move opportunity from Rak/DC that misses over a 30 footer from BT/James with 25 seconds on the shot clock any day.

Yes, it's come to that.

I also expect DC to get 20 minutes tomorrow and 12 and 8. Now back to reality- DC gets 3 minutes tomorrow.

I am surprised by everyone's expectations for DC. I just remember him missing a lot of shots at this stage against lesser talent (he will be an Onuaku scorer next year IMO) and I think a lot of it comes from being a highly touted recruit and local kid. The bright side to him playing is that our G's have actually thrown him the ball in the low post.

While he provides more offense then the other 2, he is BY FAR the worst defensively in the middle of the zone, which is to be expected for a frosh.

Jackson and Onuaku.

Right, guys who could do something with the ball. Christmas and Coleman havent proven 5% of what those two guys did, therefore...they will see 1 post pass every other game or so.

6 rebounds in 55 minutes of Big East play. 3 offensive. I think our current centers topped those numbers in the first half yesterday fwiw.

5-12 from the field.

Now, with that being said, I'm okay with getting him involved. In fact I would encourage it. I think we need to get our big mean involved - I think like Rak, DC seemed to play with a bit more fire when they got him involved.

Which the guards really didn't do much for anyone.

I also don't think Rak missing a two foot turnaround, or DC getting blocked in the post is all that big of a deal, the reps may help, and it's still probably a higher chance of converting than the ridiculous threes we take early in the shot clock.

On a team where nobody scores efficiently I think getting it inside is never a bad idea. We know what our guards are capable of when they're pounding the ball into the floor - if our bigs get an opportunity to improve that's the one thing that could help this team evolve a bit. And I think they play better when they touch the ball - which pays dividends even if they can't convert.
You can find stats to support your point. Here's a few more based on all games:
DC - 87 rebs. in 279 mins. = .3 rebounds per minute
RAC - 138 rebs. in 603 mins = .2 rebounds per minute
BMK - 97 rebs. in 403 mins = .2 rebounds per minute

Now factor in that RAC is doing it against Big East teams and DC did it against mid majors.

Anyone that thinks DC is the savior for this team will be sorely disappointed and there will be threads about how big of a bust he is.

I wonder the degree to which his leg issue had limited his mobility and/or vertical, particularly on the defensive end. I'm hoping a noticeable amount.

Do those numbers change if you use only BE play? A higher percentage of DC's games were against the "soft" portion of our schedule.

Anyway, wasn't really trying to argue against your point (just thought the knock on BMK/Rak was a bit harsh) - I want the two big (Rak, DC) more involved - I think we need to get them touches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom