Depth Chart Predictions Headed Into Northwestern | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Depth Chart Predictions Headed Into Northwestern

Goggins is moving inside once the DE's get on campus. IMO Cam will start over Danny next year.
I see Goggins being used situationally. DE on run downs, moving inside in passing situations. We got pushed around so much last year, I like the size he gives us at DE.

I see Goggins being used situationally. DE on run downs, moving inside in passing situations. We got pushed around so much last year, I like the size he gives us at DE.
This is definitely possible if MPB struggles at first. However I know most of DG's snaps will be at DT.

Is there anyone who can provide injury updates? I thought Pugh would be ready for camp. This seems like the best post to do that.

Still early to tell if camp is 6 weeks away we won't know anything till 5 weeks and 6 days

Good post i see Wales starting at TE with Stevens playing during passing downs. On D i think that DV starts but that Cam sees more time on the field. I hope we find someone other than Steve for Punt returns and i would not be surprised to see Omari break into the starting line up as a true frosh by the middle of the year

I like Rene on punt returns because he never muffed one all season. Has good hands.

What happened to Pugh? I know he is hurt but what did he hurt?
The AD office said Pugh suffered an upper body injury. Separated shoulder? Torn chest muscle? If there has to be an injury to an OL, I think I prefer one to the upper body.

The AD office said Pugh suffered an upper body injury. Separated shoulder? Torn chest muscle? If there has to be an injury to an OL, I think I prefer one to the upper body.
Pugh simply has to be ready to go this year if they're going to have a successful season - with all the question marks across that line due to health I can't imagine a scenario where the line is good enough to win games without Justin being out there

looks like I'm going to be holding my breath until camp starts :confused:

he told me he's going to play safety this year and be worked into certain packages.
Is Mungwa already behind Desir at safety? is he injured or simply not making a move up into the 2-deep?

Is Mungwa already behind Desir at safety? is he injured or simply not making a move up into the 2-deep?
I like Desir better. More speed, but a little smaller. Desir can play both corner and safety, while Mungwa is strictly a safety. All depends on how things shape up. It's possible Desir ends up being a corner this year, while Mungwa and Morgan are both backup safeties and rotate in. But Morgan is more talented than Mungwa I believe.

IIRC I heard it was a shoulder injury. Can't remember for sure, though.

I like Rene on punt returns because he never muffed one all season. Has good hands.
Phat here we go again. We might as well put everyone on the line and go for the block vs having Rene catch the ball and do nothing with it. I mean just let it bounce Seriously did Rene have any positive yards last year? Any? If catching the ball as a pr becomes our criteria success we might as well pack it in.

Phat here we go again. We might as well put everyone on the line and go for the block vs having Rene catch the ball and do nothing with it. I mean just let it bounce Seriously did Rene have any positive yards last year? Any? If catching the ball as a pr becomes our criteria success we might as well pack it in.
You can't run anywhere when there's a defender standing right in front of you when you catch the ball... the one time he tried to return one last year his head almost was taken off his body.

Max says hello.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You can't run anywhere when there's a defender standing right in front of you when you catch the ball... the one time he tried to return one last year his head almost was taken off his body.
I disagree. Steve Rene spells fair catch. The guy is ok but he just doesnt have it. I say give Morgan a chance we give up way to many yards on specials to not have a pr guy who can make the other team worried.

Max says hello.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Bees if at all possible post a clip of Tommy M on this site so the youngsters can learn what a real cuse PR man can do

Bees if at all possible post a clip of Tommy M on this site so the youngsters can learn what a real cuse PR man can do
I remember Q Spotwood was nasty. Didn't Marvin Harrison return punts too? My memory is getting foggy in my old age. And K Johnson was a redonk KR. As was Ismail, obvs.

You do watch the games right? Like bnoro said and I'll add, Rene has very few positive yards because every single time he catches a punt there are several guys standing there within 2 feet of him. That's not his fault, he's forced to fair catch it. If the kid ever had some room to run he would.

It also wasn't to long ago where everybody was screaming about just having a guy back there who could catch the ball and not muff it. Rene doesn't muff anything.

LOL so true. Our blocking on the punt return team was horrendous and every week the opposing teams punter seemed to absolutely boom them with 5+ seconds of hang time. Rene had no where to go.

My First Team for the First Game of the season:

QB: Nassib
RB: Smith
FB: Cleveland
TE: Wales
WR: Sales
WR: Kobena
C: MacPherson
G: Chibane
G: Palmer
T: Alexander
T: Curtis

MLB: Spruill
LB: Davis
LB: Vaughn
DE: Raymon
DE: Robinson
DT: Bromley
DT: Crume
CB: Lyn
CB: Anderson
S: Thomas
S: Desir

Much of this is based on the movement reflected in the post-spring depth chart

WR: Kobena
G: Palmer
T: Alexander

LB: Vaughn
DE: Raymon
S: Desir

so you're assuming that none of the injured players get healthy enough to return - awfully pessimistic

WR: Kobena (Lemon will be ready to go from what I've heard)
G: Palmer (Foy, IMO)
T: Alexander (Hickey was declared good to go, he'll be starting at one of the T spots if Pugh's not ready, which I think he will be)

LB: Vaughn (Lynch with Dan as backup)
DE: Raymon (MPB will most definitely be in here. Sharpe will be competing to start as well.)
S: Desir (Eskridge/Wilkes)

My edits in red.

Just don't know about MPB. With the plethora of defensive ends Syracuse has, he seems to be more suited to linebacker with his ability to drop into coverage. If anything, I could see him taking one of the outside spots there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom