Class of 2019 - Derrik Smits, grad transfer from Valpo to Butler | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Derrik Smits, grad transfer from Valpo to Butler

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
Son of Rik Smits. Just saying.

789A14B1-CCD1-477A-817B-1173E75E0AD0.png

My kingdom.

7-1, 240. 60% FG, almost a block per game.

Instantly a 25-30 mpg guy.

EDIT: Foul trouble might be an issue. Also only averaged 21 mpg last year... making his offensive production all the more impressive.

another dude with 3 seasons of bad habits to unlearn, uninterested in the team culture & program system but rather showcasing himself for the next level?

hard pass

another dude with 3 seasons of bad habits to unlearn, uninterested in the team culture & program system but rather showcasing himself for the next level?

hard pass

And Sidibe has the best instincts you could ever possibly have, because he entered the program as a freshman?

Please.

And given how awful -- and I do mean AWFUL -- our recruiting of big men has gone, we need to make some sort of move in the offseason. Going into the season with Sidibe, Dolezaj and Bol Ajak at the position is frightening.

Man I'm not a huge fan of the grad transfer but this kid is a basketball player! Has a all around game and a very skilled big man. And hes pretty big! Great passer as well. SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY PLEASE TAKE A LOOK!

Honestly, not super impressed. I think Chukwu would look similar or better vs the same competition as the video. He's definitely a better passer, but Chukwu looks light year better on defense.

And Sidibe has the best instincts you could ever possibly have, because he entered the program as a freshman?

Please.

And given how awful -- and I do mean AWFUL -- our recruiting of big men has gone, we need to make some sort of move in the offseason. Going into the season with Sidibe, Dolezaj and Bol Ajak at the position is frightening.
I can’t fathom anyone would question recruiting Smits when they look at current center rotation for next year.
Dolezaj is not a C.
Sidibe can’t play without getting into foul trouble.
I think JBA could be depth and down the road a starter.
We need another big. If we got Smits it would be amazing.
7’1 with offensive skill OMG.

Honestly, not super impressed. I think Chukwu would look similar or better vs the same competition as the video. He's definitely a better passer, but Chukwu looks light year better on defense.
Are you watching the same chukwu that we all watch???? Pretty sure I've NEVER seen PC use any of the post moves this kid has against anyone...ever.

This looks like an obvious improvement and possible game changer for the offense. Highly skilled big is something we haven't had in a long time. We don't know where we stand with late signing senior bigs which might be the preference of the staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom