Class of 2019 - Derrik Smits, grad transfer from Valpo to Butler | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Derrik Smits, grad transfer from Valpo to Butler

Yes, their HC is Thunder Dan Majerle.
Used to love me some Thunder Dan basketball cards. It's like they intentionally used pictures that made his face look hilarious.

410NffXc1BL._SY445_.jpg

Phoenix-Suns-Sc-1991-Fleer-No.-163-Dan-Majerle-ed-Basketball-Card.jpg

Man I'm not a huge fan of the grad transfer but this kid is a basketball player! Has a all around game and a very skilled big man. And hes pretty big! Great passer as well. SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY PLEASE TAKE A LOOK!

That one clip shows him against Purdue, and he put the ball on the floor and beat their 7’3” center with a post move. So at least that’s quality opposition.

Let’s get this guy to campus seriously such a good fit!!! Need to try

That one clip shows him against Purdue, and he put the ball on the floor and beat their 7’3” center with a post move. So at least that’s quality opposition.
These clips are from 2017-18, not this past year.

There is really something wrong with this picture on this kid. I apologize if this is discussed on prior pages but...Why would a player that is his teams leading scorer leave that team for his senior year for a team in a vastly inferior conference. The WAC is not the WAC we all remember. Other than NM State its horrible competition; Utah Valley U., UT-Rio Grande Valley, Bakersfield, Cal Baptist, Seattle, UMKC and Chicago St. That is trash compared to the Missouri Valley with N Iowa, S Ill, Ill St, Indiana St and Loyola (FF last year). Doesn't sound like a kid up to the challenge of the ACC. I like his tape but I'll pass. He must have a girlfriend there or something.

There is really something wrong with this picture on this kid. I apologize if this is discussed on prior pages but...Why would a player that is his teams leading scorer leave that team for his senior year for a team in a vastly inferior conference. The WAC is not the WAC we all remember. Other than NM State its horrible competition; Utah Valley U., UT-Rio Grande Valley, Bakersfield, Cal Baptist, Seattle, UMKC and Chicago St. That is trash compared to the Missouri Valley with N Iowa, S Ill, Ill St, Indiana St and Loyola (FF last year). Doesn't sound like a kid up to the challenge of the ACC. I like his tape but I'll pass. He must have a girlfriend there or something.
Everything you say is right, ... but Grand Canyon has Thunder Dan Marjerle. He's likely familiar with Daddy Rik, as they played against one another in the NBA for 12 years.

Isn't that the for profit school?
All private schools are for profit. Others just mask it, pretending to be NFP. Meantime, endowments continue to grow while students pay exorbitant tuition and fees to be indoctrinated and granted degrees which will prepare them to be baristas.

I dunno...this kid just doesn't move the needle for me. He plays way below the rim, which at 7'+ is not a great thing, and he is most certainly not physical. I think the ACC would eat him alive. He is not like his father at all, Bball-wise.

I dunno...this kid just doesn't move the needle for me. He plays way below the rim, which at 7'+ is not a great thing, and he is most certainly not physical. I think the ACC would eat him alive. He is not like his father at all, Bball-wise.
We have someone better?

We have someone better?
Maybe, maybe not, but that is setting the bar pretty low. I think the Edwards kid would be a much better pick up. A healthy Sidibe would be a possibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom