Desir, Reddish, Eskridge, Anderson, George, Morgan | Syracusefan.com

Desir, Reddish, Eskridge, Anderson, George, Morgan

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Which secondary player is the best pure athlete?

Which player has the most potential?

Is this the most talented secondary we have had in 12 years?

And that list doesn't even include Shamarko, who is quite the athlete himself.

I don't know the answer to your first 2 questions but I think as to the 3rd, this group IMO, has the most potential as a group than we have seen in a long long time. I am most excited about Reddish personally but this group could be a team strength for the next several years.

I think Reddish will be significantly improved this year. And if Lyn and Anderson can stay healthy, watch out.

No idea on the best athlete.
As Spaz said, this group is all about potential right now.
Speed and athleticism, but until they come together as a group, they are only that. I'm looking forward to see what the new assistant can do with this group. He certainly seems to have a lot of pieces to work with.

Best pure athlete has yet to be mentioned. Morgan! tied for second in my opinion would be eskridge Lynn and reddish

All depends on if we can keep these guys healthy. Theres a ton of talent between Lynn, Shamarko, Mungwa, Reddish, Eskridge, Anderson the key is keeping these guys healthy as Anderson has been hurt every year here and Lynn was banged up the entire year last year as well. Morgan is gonna be a good one to but I have heard he is likely to redshirt or play minimally unless there are injuries.

You guys just name all the players in the secondary an say that they are athletic... and have potential. What plays makes you say this?

I don't know the answer to your first 2 questions but I think as to the 3rd, this group IMO, has the most potential as a group than we have seen in a long long time. I am most excited about Reddish personally but this group could be a team strength for the next several years.

Agree 100%.

You guys just name all the players in the secondary an say that they are athletic... and have potential. What plays makes you say this?

Marrone has done a fantastic job recruiting the secondary. Most of them have gotten little playing time, so it's not specific plays that make them stand out. They all have the size, speed, and coordination to be great. Reddish, Morgan, and Lyn have potential to be legit shutdown corners. Eskridge and Mungwa also have a lot of potential at FS and SS respectively.

For me, Reddish and Morgan have big reputations coming out of NYC.

Eskridge was very impressive during 2011 pre-season camp according to reports I read - he was described as very athletic.

I watched Jaston George during spring ball last year - what was in effect his senior year in HS - and he seemed very athletic.

Marrone said that Mungwa impressed this spring.

I think we have seen Lyn, Shamarko, and Anderson enough to know that they are athletic players.

It just seems that we have a lot of athletes in the secondary right now.

Marrone has done a fantastic job recruiting the secondary. Most of them have gotten little playing time, so it's not specific plays that make them stand out. They all have the size, speed, and coordination to be great. Reddish, Morgan, and Lyn have potential to be legit shutdown corners. Eskridge and Mungwa also have a lot of potential at FS and SS respectively.

Obviously, it has to happen on the field--but I'm with you. I'm impressed with the talent / athleticism we have in the secondary. Lots of talent in the pipeline.

I don't think it's a stretch at all this year to say we have 5-6 future NFL players on the defensive side of the ball between the current 2 deep and the incoming frosh. It seems like its been ages since we've had that type of athleticism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom