Desko | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Desko

Someone who won't mind playing almost the entire 2020 season on the road.

Maybe we shouldn't tell them until after they take the job? ;)

Yeah, good chance SU misses the tourney next year. So one more year for Desko.

This is year #8 for Tambroni at PSU.

If we make a change at HC, we have to stay committed to it. It may get worse before it gets better.

People wanted Dino fired after 2 years. Of course, they wanted GRob fired after 2 days.

It almost certainly will get worse before it gets better. Whatever side you are on, you need to take that into account.

That’s laughable. We’ll be fortunate to make the tourney. If we do, we’ll be one and done again. It’s clearky obvious the program has hit a ceiling.

In theory with all the returning pieces it makes sense but it also makes it that much more embarrassing when we flounder out in round 1.

What rep does Desko have on the recruiting trail? Balls to the wall road warrior, or not so much?

What rep does Desko have on the recruiting trail? Balls to the wall road warrior, or not so much?

I think our recent string of decommitments can answer that, talented players too. I don't think he's the worst X's and O's guy but he definitely doesn't get the best out of his team and if you're not going to do that you better recruit some players that are going to get the best out of you. Our 4th quarter miscues define poor coaching, especially with Kennedy's shot with about 5 minutes left I'd be screaming to kick it out and set up, we couldn't win a faceoff and our defense just battled possession after possession for the last 11-12 minutes.

Just because I don’t be follow the game as closely as basketball or football, doesn’t mean I don’t follow the game...I do follow Syracuse lacrosse like I have already said. I don’t post on this board that much because I don’t normally have strong opinions or have much to say about lacrosse like I do basketball or football. I don’t feel like I have to justify my opinion to you and quite frankly nothing I have said is idiotic, yeah I got the penn state info wrong but by everything else I have said has been stated by other posters here too because it’s plain as day. So not sure what you are disagreeing on here if you think Desko should go too, chump?

Troll harder.

Its pretty much what we have now. Some sort of change up is needed even if it's just the assistants. Programs at a cross road right now and were struggling to stay in the upper tier.
Don't disgree. Just think if you change coordinators, change the whole crew. B/c what happens if they fail next year and Desko gets fired? Now you are hiring a whole new staff

That’s laughable. We’ll be fortunate to make the tourney. If we do, we’ll be one and done again. It’s clearky obvious the program has hit a ceiling.

We seem to have hit the ceiling and hit bottom at the same time.

Lock Desko up with an extension before somebody else swoops in an grabs him. He’s a treasure.

In theory with all the returning pieces it makes sense but it also makes it that much more embarrassing when we flounder out in round 1.

Our offensive talent will good but not great, more experienced but not overwhelming. Defense will be solid. Goalie and FOGOs will be average. See us a lot like this year. No stud to take over a game. With a lot of big games on the road and no Dome advantage after March 1, I see us squeaking into the tourney and getting bounced in the first round. It’s going to take a shakeup to get us out this rut. We don’t scare anyone anymore.

Penn State has been playing D1 lacrosse since 1971, their head coach, Jeff Tambroni was the head coach of the Cornell team that Syracuse beat in the NC game in 2009. Just for reference.

Club? Because I didnt think they went D1 until the early 90s

Our offensive talent will good but not great, more experienced but not overwhelming. Defense will be solid. Goalie and FOGOs will be average. See us a lot like this year. No stud to take over a game. With a lot of big games on the road and no Dome advantage after March 1, I see us squeaking into the tourney and getting bounced in the first round. It’s going to take a shakeup to get us out this rut. We don’t scare anyone anymore.

Completely fair to think this, I'm under the impression Tucker is going to be an elite force next season, with who he has coaching him I could be completely wrong.

Penn State has been playing D1 lacrosse since 1971, their head coach, Jeff Tambroni was the head coach of the Cornell team that Syracuse beat in the NC game in 2009. Just for reference.
Penn State was also playing in the 50's.

This is year #8 for Tambroni at PSU.

If we make a change at HC, we have to stay committed to it. It may get worse before it gets better.

People wanted Dino fired after 2 years. Of course, they wanted GRob fired after 2 days.

That is most certainly not true. Please show me proof or more than one or two idiots wanting that.

That is most certainly not true. Please show me proof or more than one or two idiots wanting that.
Idiots or not, "people" wanted him fired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom